• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
For me, the ring coat, kakishibu century denim both jacket and bottoms, anything with the Virgin Mary, embroidery especially anything with bones, selvedge bandanas, boro, the duke shirts, and maybe their socks.

Socks I always find too expensive, they are nice but even in yen they are pricey. I like all the Virgin Mary stuff and stuff because it reminds me of my Mexican Catholic upbringing. I also like Westernwear so I love anything like that. The actual Kapital stores have a lot of good basics too that I like which isn't really stocked in this side of the world.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
outside of the ring coat, what are some other classic / must haves of kapital?
The selvedge bandanas are the very best (great design and soft. But, not all of their bandanas are selvedge and the ones that aren't can be rather stiff), almost any of their Western shirts with snaps, their compressed wool scarves are excellent and super comfortable, the linen bandana print Aloha shirts.

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
outside of the ring coat, what are some other classic / must haves of kapital?
Century denim, hands down. Also would add Kamakura jacket, Kesa jacket, smiley items and their boro / patchwork stuff.

Komuga

Reaction score
@Hellanormcore this is how I'd be approaching you if those were my size (2). Someone get those boots!

what’s your US size? I’m a us9... those boots are a grail of mine, just not sure if 3 will fit

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
@KamoteJoe If these were a size 2 they would be off the market ;)

@Komuga I'd say these would fit a US 10, maybe a 10.5. Kapital sizing says this fits a Jp 26.5 (so around a US 8.5) but there's no way IMO even with thick socks. I wear a size 9 in most footwear and sneakers, and I need a set of thick insoles on these and thick socks for it to fit well. Also I have a low instep which probably makes it worse. Definitely a roomy boot

Komuga

Reaction score
@KamoteJoe If these were a size 2 they would be off the market ;)

@Komuga I'd say these would fit a US 10, maybe a 10.5. Kapital sizing says this fits a Jp 26.5 (so around a US 8.5) but there's no way IMO even with thick socks. I wear a size 9 in most footwear and sneakers, and I need a set of thick insoles on these and thick socks for it to fit well. Also I have a low instep which probably makes it worse. Definitely a roomy boot
Well I tried sourcing them from bandanna almanac and he said they may be restocking them this fall

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
I tried on a size 4 and my toe just almost hit the end, it wasn't long enough really. I wear a 11D in Barrie, 7 in Hender Scheme, 12 in Nikes and Adidas. I had a higher instep, but somewhere in-between a true 11.5D and 11D.

I wish I could make it work though, I almost bought it. It was there when I went on a day trip to osaka a couple months back. Only black tho

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
Well I tried sourcing them from bandanna almanac and he said they may be restocking them this fall
Exciting to hear that they're re-releasing. I wonder if they'll be the same; I noticed the black smiley side zips that got re-released looked a bit different from the original but that might be just me.

I tried on a size 4 and my toe just almost hit the end, it wasn't long enough really. I wear a 11D in Barrie, 7 in Hender Scheme, 12 in Nikes and Adidas. I had a higher instep, but somewhere in-between a true 11.5D and 11D.

I wish I could make it work though, I almost bought it. It was there when I went on a day trip to osaka a couple months back. Only black tho
I'm wondering if they would've stretched a bit after some wear? Depends how you like your footwear to fit I guess. I didn't even know Hender's go up to a size 7

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
Exciting to hear that they're re-releasing. I wonder if they'll be the same; I noticed the black smiley side zips that got re-released looked a bit different from the original but that might be just me.

I'm wondering if they would've stretched a bit after some wear? Depends how you like your footwear to fit I guess. I didn't even know Hender's go up to a size 7
I'm a junky for Hender stuff, in Japan 7 is impossible to get, all in the foreign market. Considering the type of welt (storm welt) the kapital hikers had, I doubt it would stretch.

Although to be honest, when testing shoes in Japan, it's impossible to get a good feel for em since they will kill you if you even think about creasing them babies

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want those hikers bad. Really hoping they re-release it in brown this fall, if what @BandannAlmanac says is true. Is it true?

I messaged you on Grailed @Hellanormcore but I'm worried I need a 4 for a US10. It's really really tempting to try, though...

There's a pair on YJPN in size 1 if anyone is smaller.

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
I want those hikers bad. Really hoping they re-release it in brown this fall, if what @BandannAlmanac says is true. Is it true?

I messaged you on Grailed @Hellanormcore but I'm worried I need a 4 for a US10. It's really really tempting to try, though...

There's a pair on YJPN in size 1 if anyone is smaller.
I would not do a 4 for US10. I wear a 12 in sneakers and the shoes still had a tiny bit of space. Like enough where it may be too little, maybe enough but without walking around it was hard to tell.

A 4 would probably be way oversized for you. I tried it on like 2 months ago at the Kapital store in Osaka.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.