• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ricebomb it looks like the drawstrings around the middle is pulled in. Try loosening that up and see if it loosens up the silhouette. Also is that the ripstop khaki Alpine ring coat?

ricebomb

Reaction score
@ricebomb it looks like the drawstrings around the middle is pulled in. Try loosening that up and see if it loosens up the silhouette. Also is that the ripstop khaki Alpine ring coat?
You're right, the drawstrings were pulled in and knotted, tightening at the waist, so I'll try to unknot the drawstrings and see how it'll be if I loosen it when I get a chance. It is indeed the ripstop khaki alpine ring coat.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're right, the drawstrings were pulled in and knotted, tightening at the waist, so I'll try to unknot the drawstrings and see how it'll be if I loosen it when I get a chance. It is indeed the ripstop khaki alpine ring coat.
Yea I think if you loosen up the drawstrings you can get a more oversized look that some prefer. Either way that size should be good for you.

How do you like the ripstop btw? I kinda wanted the katsuragi one because the khaki was more olive while this looks lighter in color. Do you like the material? I guess the color should be versatile and go with black, blue, and grey jeans?

ricebomb

Reaction score
Yea I think if you loosen up the drawstrings you can get a more oversized look that some prefer. Either way that size should be good for you.

How do you like the ripstop btw? I kinda wanted the katsuragi one because the khaki was more olive while this looks lighter in color. Do you like the material? I guess the color should be versatile and go with black, blue, and grey jeans?
I personally really like the ripstop, especially since I like the "rugged," durable handfeel to it. I did get a chance to try on the Katsuragi cotton one, and will say that it feels like a warmer, thicker, perhaps more substantial fabric. However, I feel like for where I live, I would get more use out of the ripstop due to it feeling lighter and more versatile in terms of seasonal wear, and could work with it better during warmer seasons. The color for my particular coat does look like a lighter olive, and I was appealed to it when I saw it due to its potential pairing with denim, among other different bottoms.

looseandwavey

Reaction score
I've just moved to Tokyo, and got a chance to go round both the Kapital stores at the weekend. The duffel store is like somebody filled their house with loads of crazy and amazing clothes. I didnt even realise how many floors there were there as well. Some photos below. Also picked up a ring coat, feeling pretty pleased.

Also, if anybody is looking to proxy anything, let me know. Got some free time while I look for a job, and always happy to help a fellow jawnz enthusiast out.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
Hey folks, got a couple of weirder Kapital that I'm trying to get rid of. Just trying to downsize and own less. Open to offers and to discuss pricing

Sloppy Shirt

Gaudy Virgin Mary Knit

Surf Rainbow Pullover

Alexidb

Reaction score
I’ve seen plenty of pictures of you, but have no clue what size you wear ;)

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
I'm a 40" chest so I usually wear a 4 in Kapital tops due to sizing. The sloppy shirt is a 1 but is oversized and the pullover + knit are "free size"

the pippy

Reaction score
anyone know how these fit. I found a 2 but with no measurements. I'm 5'7, 124lbs for reference.

Attachments

bbconair

Reaction score
it looks good - i got a 2 but should have gotten a 3 for the arms. in reality, because of how they wear, the 2 and 3 are mostly indistinguishable aside from the cuffs. so going bigger doesn't really change anything except lengthens a bit...

Hanto

Reaction score
Can i get a legit check on this? Just a bit confused as I cannot see a 'Kapital' Label on the neck or a 'Kountry' stamp

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 145 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%