• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, the ring coat, kakishibu century denim both jacket and bottoms, anything with the Virgin Mary, embroidery especially anything with bones, selvedge bandanas, boro, the duke shirts, and maybe their socks.

Socks I always find too expensive, they are nice but even in yen they are pricey. I like all the Virgin Mary stuff and stuff because it reminds me of my Mexican Catholic upbringing. I also like Westernwear so I love anything like that. The actual Kapital stores have a lot of good basics too that I like which isn't really stocked in this side of the world.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
outside of the ring coat, what are some other classic / must haves of kapital?

The selvedge bandanas are the very best (great design and soft. But, not all of their bandanas are selvedge and the ones that aren't can be rather stiff), almost any of their Western shirts with snaps, their compressed wool scarves are excellent and super comfortable, the linen bandana print Aloha shirts.

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
outside of the ring coat, what are some other classic / must haves of kapital?

Century denim, hands down. Also would add Kamakura jacket, Kesa jacket, smiley items and their boro / patchwork stuff.

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
Calling it now, one of my favorite pickups this year
IMG_1506.jpg

On a side note, these are up on offer for anyone interested. Both size 3.
Vest.png

smiley.png

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
@KamoteJoe If these were a size 2 they would be off the market ;)

@Komuga I'd say these would fit a US 10, maybe a 10.5. Kapital sizing says this fits a Jp 26.5 (so around a US 8.5) but there's no way IMO even with thick socks. I wear a size 9 in most footwear and sneakers, and I need a set of thick insoles on these and thick socks for it to fit well. Also I have a low instep which probably makes it worse. Definitely a roomy boot

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@KamoteJoe If these were a size 2 they would be off the market ;)

@Komuga I'd say these would fit a US 10, maybe a 10.5. Kapital sizing says this fits a Jp 26.5 (so around a US 8.5) but there's no way IMO even with thick socks. I wear a size 9 in most footwear and sneakers, and I need a set of thick insoles on these and thick socks for it to fit well. Also I have a low instep which probably makes it worse. Definitely a roomy boot

Well I tried sourcing them from bandanna almanac and he said they may be restocking them this fall

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on a size 4 and my toe just almost hit the end, it wasn't long enough really. I wear a 11D in Barrie, 7 in Hender Scheme, 12 in Nikes and Adidas. I had a higher instep, but somewhere in-between a true 11.5D and 11D.

I wish I could make it work though, I almost bought it. It was there when I went on a day trip to osaka a couple months back. Only black tho

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
Well I tried sourcing them from bandanna almanac and he said they may be restocking them this fall

Exciting to hear that they're re-releasing. I wonder if they'll be the same; I noticed the black smiley side zips that got re-released looked a bit different from the original but that might be just me.

I tried on a size 4 and my toe just almost hit the end, it wasn't long enough really. I wear a 11D in Barrie, 7 in Hender Scheme, 12 in Nikes and Adidas. I had a higher instep, but somewhere in-between a true 11.5D and 11D.

I wish I could make it work though, I almost bought it. It was there when I went on a day trip to osaka a couple months back. Only black tho

I'm wondering if they would've stretched a bit after some wear? Depends how you like your footwear to fit I guess. I didn't even know Hender's go up to a size 7

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exciting to hear that they're re-releasing. I wonder if they'll be the same; I noticed the black smiley side zips that got re-released looked a bit different from the original but that might be just me.

I'm wondering if they would've stretched a bit after some wear? Depends how you like your footwear to fit I guess. I didn't even know Hender's go up to a size 7

I'm a junky for Hender stuff, in Japan 7 is impossible to get, all in the foreign market. Considering the type of welt (storm welt) the kapital hikers had, I doubt it would stretch.

Although to be honest, when testing shoes in Japan, it's impossible to get a good feel for em since they will kill you if you even think about creasing them babies

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want those hikers bad. Really hoping they re-release it in brown this fall, if what @BandannAlmanac says is true. Is it true?

I messaged you on Grailed @Hellanormcore but I'm worried I need a 4 for a US10. It's really really tempting to try, though...

There's a pair on YJPN in size 1 if anyone is smaller.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want those hikers bad. Really hoping they re-release it in brown this fall, if what @BandannAlmanac says is true. Is it true?

I messaged you on Grailed @Hellanormcore but I'm worried I need a 4 for a US10. It's really really tempting to try, though...

There's a pair on YJPN in size 1 if anyone is smaller.

I would not do a 4 for US10. I wear a 12 in sneakers and the shoes still had a tiny bit of space. Like enough where it may be too little, maybe enough but without walking around it was hard to tell.

A 4 would probably be way oversized for you. I tried it on like 2 months ago at the Kapital store in Osaka.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads