• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jujujoo11

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my Archer to come in from Paris. I purchased back in July when I was on vacation. Should be some time in October.

Anyone doing anything for the By Request event going on? I got a flyer in the mail about it from the Miami store and the NYC store but nothing from the Houston store.
ooo... which color did you get?

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess the stores don't like mailing the flyers to their local (although the closest store for Boston is in NYC) customers.

I visit Houston a few times a year bc my parents live there (grew up there) so i have been to that store a couple of times over this last year. I signed up for their mailing list.
For scp i ended up buying stuff from there after purchasing on the website (websiye orders fulfill from there)

Last edited:

Saturninus

Reaction score
Hello all - I live in the US. Hawaii to be exact. I've always wanted to get a pair of John Lobb shoes, and if it's going to be my only pair, it might as well be the Phillip II.

We have a well known retailer here, Leather Soul, who carries them, but I feel that with the very favorable exchange rate, there should be a way to get them from the UK and take advantage of the dollar vs sterling pound. I've bought Edward Greens and Crockett and Jones direct from the UK to take advantage of the exchange rate.

Can anyone recommend a retailer in the UK to buy a pair priced in pounds? I can only find John Lobb direct and they are priced in dollars.

Thanks for any recommendations

Tony Yang

Reaction score
Just got these Jodhpur II with October rubber soles at an amazing price from Nick at Bespoke England!

Also what are these names on the stickers at the soles? Are they MTO clients?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like Nick's prices went up by over 100 quid seemingly overnight. If I had known that was gonna happen, I would have pulled the trigger on two pairs that I had been waffling on for weeks. :(

Lovely jods though!!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what those names are for but I usually see those type of stickers on the trunk show display shoes.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Tony Yang I believe all of the stuff offered on that site is factory seconds and rejects so that might have something to do with it? I believe Mr. Porter has the same style, might be a reject from them.

Last edited:

Tony Yang

Reaction score

@Tony Yang I believe all of the stuff offered on that site is factory seconds and rejects so that might have something to do with it? I believe Mr. Porter has the same style, might be a reject from them.

That's what I was thinking! Me. Porter and another store has the same style. Though wierdly enough each shoe has a differant name.

Also I've bought a few shoes and accessories from Nick, some with minor imperfections. These shoes oddly enough were spotless, unused soles, welts all good, uppers are all good, seams all good, can't see any imperfection to my eyes :)

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That's what I was thinking! Though wierdly enough each shoe has a differant name.

Also I've bought a few shoes and accessories from Nick. These shoes were spotless, unused soles, welts all good, uppers are all good, seams all good, can't see any imperfection to my eyes :)

As long as you're happy!

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Tony Yang Those are samples that usually marketing directors/ other higher ranking employees are getting before the season .. Nothing wrong with them, I would actually be more confident owning those than a random store pair ..

At this point I don't think it's worth purchasing a rejected pair considering the stratospheric prices unless it's the makeup you are a 100% after. The price gap is so close to the new pair that it's always better to just order one from the store, unless it's some MTO that requires a surcharge ..

Not sure how the John Lobb is struggling with the raising competition considering the new design approach, but could be I've lost perspective browsing the Styleforum and am unaware the 99% of the buyers out there don't have a clue what they are purchasing .. I have noticed that people with a lot of money are usually those buying pretty crappy items when it comes to clothing/shoes .. A lot of them still believe the Hugo Boss and Armani are top choices for suits .. Could be the John Lobb is playing a on a brand card pretty well and that the new styles are actually made for those tasteless East European buyers with a lot of cash.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads