• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on 8K yet... maybe if I picked up those Westcotes... maybe in a year or so I'll be singing a different tune.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think youll love it. as element mentioned, 8000 last might be one of the best lasts of any of the shoe makers. its sleek yet very comfortable. some find it narrow but it helps that JL leathers are so soft and malleable

lhuynh

Reaction score

If I remember around $1K on sale. I thought about darkening it but it's made out of box calf which would probably take dye much better than polish. It was pretty red (like Ferrari red) so it would have been a lot of work. I also just picked up the AS Moores in cherry and that was pretty red already.

Still want a pair of Chapel in the Ilcea though... maybe at the factory store...

I bought the Woodcote in my size for ~$650. We'll see if I can handle how red they are. I thought they looked pretty sweet in photos, and the 8000 last fits me really well.

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
So, now JL manufactures clothing- in this case, jeans- as well?

Cf) http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Lobb-Jeans-34x32-/141005261482?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item20d4918aaa
crazy.gif

Notice the motto "THE BEST THE FIRST" - def fake....

Isn't JL motto Bare Maximum for a Man....

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought the Woodcote in my size for ~$650. We'll see if I can handle how red they are. I thought they looked pretty sweet in photos, and the 8000 last fits me really well.

$650? Really? The Woodcotes that I saw where around $1K... Hopefully you'll like it. It's REALLY red, like candy apple red. Also, since it's box calf, it has a pretty shiny gloss. Just couldn't pull it off.

Put up some combos when you get them and maybe you'll change my mind!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Almost bought these in a red (and I mean RED) but decided it would have been way too much for my line of work. They did have them in a medium brown that I almost walked out with.

HRoi: thought about it but for me, the Beaulieu is just more traditional. The lines of the Westcote and the 4 eyelets make it more modern looking whereas the Beaulieu are more classic (not to mention EG's burnishing).

Did you try going to the JP factory store? I'm wondering what the selection is like with the nice Ilcea leather shoes. :)

i did go, but i didn't pay close enough attention to notice if they had different leathers. there were quite a few museum/misty looking leathers. i have my eye on ordering a snuff suede (i think JL has a different name for this color) pair of Chapels that i saw there.

that plus burgundy Woodcotes will do me nicely, plus some EG gladstones from next door :nodding:

lhuynh

Reaction score

$650? Really? The Woodcotes that I saw where around $1K... Hopefully you'll like it. It's REALLY red, like candy apple red. Also, since it's box calf, it has a pretty shiny gloss. Just couldn't pull it off.

Put up some combos when you get them and maybe you'll change my mind!

Yeah. Lobb stores had a sale until 6/29. Some models were 60% off. The red Woodcote was one of those 60% off.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah. Lobb stores had a sale until 6/29. Some models were 60% off. The red Woodcote was one of those 60% off.

Never assume I guess... I probably grabbed the brown or black ones and assumed they were all the same price.

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Quote:
The sale in the NYC store very interesting too...I know some were upto 65/70% off if you email them directly for the list. Last summer I was quoted by Ms Duggan something like $600 or $700 for several pairs of their special JL 2009 and 2008 selection. But non were in my size.....Like most sale stock they were either size 6's or 12's....

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The sale in the NYC store very interesting too...I know some were upto 65/70% off if you email them directly for the list. Last summer I was quoted by Ms Duggan something like $600 or $700 for several pairs of their special JL 2009 and 2008 selection. But non were in my size.....Like most sale stock they were either size 6's or 12's....

When I was there the only ones that I saw that was around $600 was the "regular" line (tan soles) and random loafers. There were shoes in my size but were over the $1K range... a few Chambord boots actually...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads