• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gusvs

Reaction score
Am I the only one having trouble finding a John Lobb model I like? I'm trying, because the 7000 last fits me very well and I find their leathers and craftsmanship fantastic, but I just can't find any model I like as much as the more classic EG models, for example. Please help me find a classic model quarter brogue oxford in the Prestige line (or which I can do MTO), similar to EG Canterbury or Asquith. The Philip II brogueing is not quite to my taste, it feels odd for some reason.

ElementHU

Reaction score

Am I the only one having trouble finding a John Lobb model I like? I'm trying, because the 7000 last fits me very well and I find their leathers and craftsmanship fantastic, but I just can't find any model I like as much as the more classic EG models, for example. Please help me find a classic model quarter brogue oxford in the Prestige line (or which I can do MTO), similar to EG Canterbury or Asquith. The Philip II brogueing is not quite to my taste, it feels odd for some reason.

The Saunton http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/12/04/john-lobb-saunton-in-dark-brown-misty-lsw/ is a semi-brogue on the 7000 last, but I know you're looking for a quarter brogue prestige line

As much as I love my JL's, I've yet to see a quarter brogue captoe I like. Blasphemy on this thread, but the G&G St. James II is my ideal for a quarter brogue.

Agnelli413

Reaction score

Though an outdated model and not in the 7000 last, John Lobb actually had a quarter brogue model named, Adelaide.
I would say, it's very similar to the EG's Canterbury but a bit shorter-lasted, so to speak.
sly.gif

Last edited:

gusvs

Reaction score

The Saunton http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/12/04/john-lobb-saunton-in-dark-brown-misty-lsw/ is a semi-brogue on the 7000 last, but I know you're looking for a quarter brogue prestige line

As much as I love my JL's, I've yet to see a quarter brogue captoe I like. Blasphemy on this thread, but the G&G St. James II is my ideal for a quarter brogue.

Though an outdated model and not in the 7000 last, John Lobb actually had a quarter brogue model named, Adelaide.

I would say, it's very similar to the EG's Canterbury but a bit shorter-lasted, so to speak. :sly:

Thanks guys! Both look very nice. Will contact John Lobb and see if I can MTO any of these.

John Appleseed

Reaction score
I am a 12.5 US Wide.

#1 on my must have list are a pair of staple, investment worthy black toe cap oxford shoes.

Just logged onto Mr Porter Sale. Only one:

/EPIC VICTORY

John Appleseed

Reaction score
It's done! Thats the screenshot from my orders page on MrP.

I did not hesitate for a second!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rare score, I don't remember ever seeing a wide fitting JL on any of the usual online suspects

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Quote:
Good job - that's good value for John Lobb...their reject prices in the factory shop are higher.

lhuynh

Reaction score
All, I bought the Brentwood monkstrap in New Gold (I think) Misty Calf from Barneys on their final markdown. I think it's a beautiful shoe.

http://www.barneys.com/John-Lobb-Brentwood/501916008,default,pd.html

I don't think it quite fits. It's a size UK 7E/US 8D. If anyone wants it, let me know. I'll sell at my cost ($519+taxes, shipping, paypal fees). If no one wants it, I'll send back to store. In great condition vs the shoes still left at Barneys.

Larry

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads