• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my coworker hamming it up!
20170711_154650.jpg

Love the Parisian brown color

20170711_113207.jpg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the suede Lopez loafer, do folks usually size down one to their UK size (i.e. a us10 take a uk9), or is it best to go 1.5x down?

fal32

Reaction score
For the suede Lopez loafer, do folks usually size down one to their UK size (i.e. a us10 take a uk9), or is it best to go 1.5x down?
I am 11.5D on the Brannock and take 10E in the brown suede Lopez loafer. The Lopez runs big; however, it is always best to try it on before buying.

mottor

Reaction score
Hi guys, it's my first post, so please forgive if I do something wrong.

Yesterday, I dropped by to the Jermyn street store and bought a pair of Phillip2 in black. During my stay, I asked one of the SA if he's able to make measurements of my foot, but he told me that the store does not make any measurements.

Is this normal practice in JL stores? It was my first pair of Lobbs so I was really not sure if the normal size I wear in other brands will go the same in JLs, and as the SA almost did nothing but bringing me the shoes, I'm really worried if the one I bought will fit me when I wear them for like 10h a day.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as pricey and prestigious Philip II shoes appear to be, they are a ready to wear, after all.

So, the SA definitely is not obligated to "make the measurements of your foot" in the store, nor would that be much of a help in this case. There's a brannock device for that, though hardly any store use it these days ..

I believe this is not a first pair of shoes in your life, so you should definitely be able to tell if the fit is good by walking in the store for a couple of meters ..

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what use measurements would do. They have the actual shoes in the store, if you want to check your size, just try on a pair. The leather will only loosen with wear, not shrunk, so fit should be snug but not painful.

Meyboom

Reaction score
I agree, but one has to admit that some SA are great in giving fitting advice. I've been to the Cheaney shop in Jermyn St quite often and the people overthere are great in helping you to choose the right size. I'm a bit surprised if this would not be the case at John Lobb.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And measuring it is probably not the best way, I would prefer try on for sure

c21ban

Reaction score
If any of you are looking for a brand new pair of JL City II in Black calf, UK 11E US 12D, I have just posted a pair in B&S forum. $699.00 if interested.

IMG_2345.JPG

mottor

Reaction score
As much as pricey and prestigious Philip II shoes appear to be, they are a ready to wear, after all.

So, the SA definitely is not obligated to "make the measurements of your foot" in the store, nor would that be much of a help in this case. There's a brannock device for that, though hardly any store use it these days ..

I believe this is not a first pair of shoes in your life, so you should definitely be able to tell if the fit is good by walking in the store for a couple of meters ..

I'm not sure what use measurements would do. They have the actual shoes in the store, if you want to check your size, just try on a pair. The leather will only loosen with wear, not shrunk, so fit should be snug but not painful.

I agree, but one has to admit that some SA are great in giving fitting advice. I've been to the Cheaney shop in Jermyn St quite often and the people overthere are great in helping you to choose the right size. I'm a bit surprised if this would not be the case at John Lobb.

And measuring it is probably not the best way, I would prefer try on for sure

Thanks for the response. I was just curious, because the SA in EG was extremely helpful on the fitting.

Well, it was one of my dream shoe, so I think I need to believe my sense. I'm getting excited to wear these beauties to work now.

Thanks for the help!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0197.JPG

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice.
It has taken me along time to appreciate the William II, but that suede has finally tipped the arguement within.

Thanks. Yeah, suede made more sense to me personally than calf considering the more casual elements on the II.

I love these things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads