• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocol8max

Reaction score
For new customers from the US, you'll need to approach one of Vass preferred retailers (Ascot Shoes & NMWA).
Ahh, thanks, I wasn't aware of that since I'm in Australia.
smile.gif

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score

I have several pairs of both. I'm not saying that Vass is a bad shoe but they are not in the same league as Lobb. Don't care about the hand welting

The quality control of JL is immensely insane. Irrespective of how many pairs they make and
The goodyear welted method - their motto was once "the bare maximum for a man"
JL still stand by that when it comes to aesthetics and finishing!
Backed by Hermes, they have control (if not total) of their tannery and select the
Finest calf, and reject the majority!

From whole-cuts Chapel to Oxford City II models, you will not notice any blemishes/stretches with
the naked eye in any section of the shoes,

benjamin8451

Reaction score

The quality control of JL is immensely insane. Irrespective of how many pairs they make and
The goodyear welted method - their motto was once "the bare maximum for a man"
JL still stand by that when it comes to aesthetics and finishing!
Backed by Hermes, they have control (if not total) of their tannery and select the
Finest calf, and reject the majority!

From whole-cuts Chapel to Oxford City II models, you will not notice any blemishes/stretches with
the naked eye in any section of the shoes,

If I have to complain one thing about City II, it is that some museum calf shoes have the museum finishing so conspicuous that the shoes look less formal. Other shoes have more subtle museum finishing, which IMO are more formal.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I have to complain one thing about City II, it is that some museum calf shoes have the museum finishing so conspicuous that the shoes look less formal. Other shoes have more subtle museum finishing, which IMO are more formal.

It's like buying leopard print jacket and saying it's not formal enough.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
emailed as well. been waiting for so long that ive reached a new level in customer patience, that before this didnt know existed. having worked with nick before im not worried but ill admit that some unholy thoughts have entered into my thinking

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads