• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like you nailed it. I truly believe from a business perspective that they likely have an over abundance of mainline fabric. It would be suicide to focus solely on 26oz which as you mentioned probably requires more production with less margin. Plus this would take attention from their money making fabric.

The LA Sweats silhouette is just not good in the lower oz fabric but it would be big blow to profits not to use what you are already in possession of. They’re passable, not unwearable and probably sell outside of us die hards. If I were a Ops manager Id said **** you guys too until I hit my target then work on 26oz thereafter. I wouldn’t say lost their way but I think it’s biz first at the moment.

But we aren’t asking them to give us nothing but 26oz. We are asking for at least a drop here or there. To go a full year, drop a ton of sweats and sweatshirts, and not give us the better product at least once is stupid.

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
But we aren’t asking them to give us nothing but 26oz. We are asking for at least a drop here or there. To go a full year, drop a ton of sweats and sweatshirts, and not give us the better product at least once is stupid.

Yeah also very valid.. even just one small batch drop would shut us all up and we’d put our pitchforks away. That’s the part I don’t get.

hermesonly

Reaction score
I can’t do “tie-dye”.. it’s not my personal style, the least tie dye I can allow is the subtle ones on my skittles jeans..but I’m a “print” guy.. I love prints. JE hands down makes awesome prints on camp shirts and now, on those cool printed practice shorts.. I always look forward for JE prints.. (although, I think the paisley ones are kind of meh!)

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never purchased any tie dye items. But that steelhead was pretty dope. Especially the sweats. I don’t think tie dye is timeless though, so I usually pass. The steelhead is similar to camo (in a sense) so that gets a pass.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never purchased any tie dye items. But that steelhead was pretty dope. Especially the sweats. I don’t think tie dye is timeless though, so I usually pass. The steelhead is similar to camo (in a sense) so that gets a pass.

Ill agree. The Steelhead is one of the better iterations. The Reflection is trash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads