• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hermesonly

Reaction score
New-In from JE store. Sly Straight Hem Carmel, Orange Duck Club Camp, Duck Club Practice Shorts.
my fit review...Sly Straight Hem is "fitted". I went TTS Medium and its fitted than all of my JE shirts, Size up if you want a loose fit. Orange Duck Club Camp is "oversize", took my SA suggestion to size "down to Small.. and he was right. it still a bit roomy for small. Orange Duck Practice Shorts, went TTS in Small size 30.. Perfect fit. the best part about it, its lined in Orange satin type material, I LOVE it. I may have to get the Green one too!!

EDDF6AC2-9426-4C2C-9F54-9BF78B5E77ED.jpeg

Last edited:

hermesonly

Reaction score
They posted that it’s a dark brown in the comments on IG.
Thanks.. I’m gonna have to reconfirm can text my SA @ JE store .. I appreciate it..

Update.. Per my SA.. it is Olive Brown. Very very Dark Green IRL

Last edited:

KyleKelley

Reaction score
Mannnn I missed up, I didn’t realize if I didn’t use my code before the 24th it would stop working. What a huge bummer

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you have patience.
JK, we have to be getting 26oz LA sweats tomorrow or Monday and that will heal all wounds of JE BF 2020

Sadly I think JE has lost its way. LA sweats are expensive to produce in heavy weight and probably doesn’t have as good margins.

I hope I’m wrong but people have wanted the good stuff for awhile now, and instead we get tie dye.

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
Sadly I think JE has lost its way. LA sweats are expensive to produce in heavy weight and probably doesn’t have as good margins.

I feel like you nailed it. I truly believe from a business perspective that they likely have an over abundance of mainline fabric. It would be suicide to focus solely on 26oz which as you mentioned probably requires more production with less margin. Plus this would take attention from their money making fabric.

The LA Sweats silhouette is just not good in the lower oz fabric but it would be big blow to profits not to use what you are already in possession of. They’re passable, not unwearable and probably sell outside of us die hards. If I were a Ops manager Id said **** you guys too until I hit my target then work on 26oz thereafter. I wouldn’t say lost their way but I think it’s biz first at the moment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads