• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rbroseph

Reaction score
Has anyone received shipping confirmation for the latest drop for delivery 3?
Curious if they're still planning on releasing accessories this season...

Cg23

Reaction score
Excellent write up and good insight. Not trying to be nitpicky because i get your overall point, and it does make sense, but we as consumers often have a warped idea of how much it actually costs to make an item (to no ones fault). Not taking away from your points because i think it is a luxury brand that is just trying to evolve and make a profit like any other business and i understand the whole as the garment gets higher in price to make so will the selling price. But you would be pretty bummed out if you ever found out how much it truly costs to make many "designer" pieces, and yes i get labor costs etc.. Can't take anything away from JE in how they produce and make their stuff because it is top notch in quality but no shot in $200 to make a jacket. As a consumer we want to make it make sense but at the end of the day it is a business, to make quality stuff and make a profit. I think we try to rationalize too often when we really like something. Are the prices going up, yep and probably will still continue to go up. It is unfortunate but what can ya do. I think that is why it was kinda disappointing how they handled the spring situation because lets be honest, regardless of reason or what anyone wants to believe, the prices have gone up and JE definitely is not known for having any occasional codes of sales, nor are they required to be. Just kinda a bummer combo to see the new prices for the stuff lately (excluding tee's and sweats) and then on top of that, removing stuff so you couldnt buy just one single item for a decent deal. Worst part is a good bit of the new stuff looks so dang good!

Last edited:

LuckyG61

Reaction score

It just ticked me off a bit when they pulled their line in the middle of the promotion. It wasnt like the whole entire order was 25% off. Still rockin with JE though. Still my fav brand. And the customer service is phenomenal by the way.

Feel the same way. I was annoyed that it happened and it sucks for those of us who weren't able to take advantage, but I genuinely love the brand and their CS can't be given enough praise; they're truly great and really help cement your loyalty.

I've had no qualms whatsoever with paying retail for JE, but the raincoat was something I justified at a discounted price. Anyhow, it can wait until the hopeful Black Friday sale.

cutemelon

Reaction score
I only got a tshirt out of the spring deal, but savings are savings. I'm still looking into getting a pair of kitos of escobars, anyone want to chime in to help me choose between the two? I suppose i could get both, but im planning to make some other purchases so i'd rather it be just one. I mostly wear low top shoes if that matters.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only got a tshirt out of the spring deal, but savings are savings. I'm still looking into getting a pair of kitos of escobars, anyone want to chime in to help me choose between the two? I suppose i could get both, but im planning to make some other purchases so i'd rather it be just one. I mostly wear low top shoes if that matters.

It's pretty difficult to decide. As much as I try resisting, I always end up getting both escobar and kitos considering they give completely different vibes. If you don't have any JE sweats, go for the escobars though bc of the extra detailing around the knee.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received shipping confirmation for the latest drop for delivery 3?
Curious if they're still planning on releasing accessories this season...

I did the same day, but I only grabbed onto the heavy crop tee, so it was probably easy to grab and pack up.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol JE is taxing. Has nothing to do with how it's made or being new intro to line.

And it's completely fine. PriceS are expected. They are more popular, they are doing shows now, they deserve it, Tax away. Raise prices! It's all good

I think people just got upset cause they pulled away from the spring sale which was petty. Could've just made sure it didn't happen going forward

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is caring for the over shirt though? I don't have the patience to take a flannel to the dry cleaner. I wish they'd just do an elongated flannel, something like the N&W fishtail flannels.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is caring for the over shirt though? I don't have the patience to take a flannel to the dry cleaner. I wish they'd just do an elongated flannel, something like the N&W fishtail flannels.

Depending on what you do you prob don't even need to wash it or just spot wash?

jthom931

Reaction score
I have owned multiple wool shirts/sweaters for a few years and they have never touched water. You most likely won't wear a wool piece as often as terry or jersey, and they'll last 10x as long

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads