1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior Member

Other retailers (Revolve, Atrium, etc.) are significantly different from Spring. JE has already made their money selling to those retailers at wholesale. With Spring, you're buying directly out of JE's online inventory. Spring has plenty of sales. There was a one day only 25% off sale just over two weeks ago, with a 20% off sale a month before that. There is currently a one day only 20% off sale in addition to the 25% off single-use promotion. Considering JE's only webshop promotion, Black Friday, is at most 20% off and only happens once every year, this seems like a sound e-commerce decision.

2. LuckyG61

LuckyG61 Active Member

This, especially. A year ago, I wouldn't have expected JE to pull a move like this. I genuinely love the brand; for as much as I love the garments and vision, I truly appreciated their presence in here and connectability with the common customer. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't reassessing my stand on the brand because of this rubbing me the wrong way. JE's always been great in the past with things of this nature, and I hope they can address and rectify the situation, all things considered.

Also in agreement with the manipulation; I completely understand JE's side on that matter and it's unfortunate the system gets abused.

3. b19pen15

b19pen15 Senior Member

Where is the Padded Overshirt made?

4. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior Member

[​IMG]

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

While this spring thing is a bummer, I can't really say customer service has gone downhill. Cody has been quick to answer emails, process returns, etc. JE even responds on social media still. The prices have increased but all these items are new with different materials. The core is still the same price.

And at this point are we even sure it was JE that stopped the discount? If spring eats the discount it could be them stopping it as orders jumped and some used multiple accounts.

6. Cg23

Cg23 Senior Member

Completely understand what you are saying and the difference, but backing out is just kinda crappy. They signed up for it. You cant just throw JEs stuff on a site or app sell feom them and then just not tell them that they will run discounts. And thats the worse part, it's literally coming from JE so they literally knew how spring worked but yet did that. You cant back outta stuff like that, it's just not right. How they did it by removing one by one slowly taking down the pieces just doesnt seem right. They literally never have a sales. This was a cool thing spring (whom je agreed with and worked out a deal of which im sure it has advantages for both sides or why else would they) did for fans of certain brands and fans of their app as well. I just cant see where ya cant blame them for a very dissapointing way to do business.

7. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior Member

Multiple brands have excluded promotion support on Spring.

8. Luciano123

Luciano123 Senior Member

wish us people in canada would get discount

9. Cg23

Cg23 Senior Member

Black & White. They agreed to use spring. They have fulled many orders from spring. They then decided to remove one by one the new items of their choosing from spring after they went up. Not a great way to do business.

10. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior Member

welp. time to uninstall spring

11. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior Member

Don't forget Spring offers free shipping on all orders, while JE only offers free shipping on orders over $300. Still a great reason to keep the app.

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

Returns are free too. They sent me a prepaid label to send back my fishtail jacket to JE

13. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior Member

I really don't get the fuss. The mainline prices haven't gone up.

But some of you guys want newly released items on discount because you feel its too expensive. Just don't buy it or be patience and wait for a discount.

You guys talking about "bad business practices" is hilarious tho.

14. Luciano123

Luciano123 Senior Member

agreed

15. imbmgb

imbmgb Well-Known Member

I'm keeping the app, I recently purchased the charcoal mercer tee on spring app, no longer available on JE website