• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand the whole pricing process going on with JE and I definitely don't blame them for the pricepoint of their outerwear. The custom made fabrics, size of their batch runs, and the retailers carrying their products all factor into the cost. I don't think they are price gouging people or that they're greedy.

I think part of the problem with selling the outerwear is how they branded themselves, as luxury basics. The price jump to the outerwear is sizable from their french terry items. They're trying to expand past the basics line into a full wardrobe and it isn't easy.

With that said I believe they tried to grow too fast but I won't get too much into that. I also don't think them taking the flight jackets off spring was the right move as it obviously created a lot of backlash. They should have just had items excluded from springs sales.

To the people complaining about the lack of their presence in this thread, I can't blame them. They are in a no win situation.
If you don't like the pricepoint of their stuff you don't have to buy it. I personally won't buy their outerwear as there are other brands in their price range I'd rather get.

As others have mentioned before I see similarities with Wings and horns.

thedevilgod

Reaction score
Would anyone get the white villain hoodie or this instead:
http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/alexander-wang-raglan-sleeve-zip-up-hoodie-503377630.html

I'm thinking of getting Alexander Wang since it's retail is very expensive and the quality must be much better, not to mention it includes cashmere. But, on the other hand, the villain hoodie looks clean, has side zips instead, and would look great for layering - can't decide. Anyone can help?

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
white villain is horrid

get the grey one. or maybe the dual zip.

lack of pockets on Wang super throws off the balance to me. function > form

bryanhsu123

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether DHL automatically taxes packages? JE now has two options for international shipping, DHL and USPS. I know USPS randomly taxes packages, but idk if that's the case for DHL. Any help would be appreciated.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone get the white villain hoodie or this instead:
http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/alexander-wang-raglan-sleeve-zip-up-hoodie-503377630.html

I'm thinking of getting Alexander Wang since it's retail is very expensive and the quality must be much better, not to mention it includes cashmere. But, on the other hand, the villain hoodie looks clean, has side zips instead, and would look great for layering - can't decide. Anyone can help?

Alexander Wang material is subpar what the price suggests. But I'd still get Alexander Wang over JE, just bc it's Wang. + grey >> white.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So...Mohawk and Roden had the boucle tights...is that it?

Will the JE site itself be stocking these at all?

Je said they aren't. I would grab them asap if you really want them. Someone mentioned they saw them at kith too.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are the Boucle Sweats lined with anything or is the materials same as the outside?

The front inside of the pockets are lined with jersey. They are otherwise all Boucle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads