• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans with tint of greens

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd highly recommend you get a pair of 5EPxSF a size up from your normal size; I have what I'd consider a normal build below the waist, maybe a little on the slim side, and they are amazing - plenty of room to move in the seat and thighs, but the silhouette is still neat n' trim. The denim, of course, is off the f***kin' chainstitch.

Eternal is also an excellent choice. I would definitely go with either them or 5EP over ES or Nudie.

Synrax

Reaction score
I was considering sizing 1 up in the 5EPxSF and wearing them on my hips like I do for my casual look. However, the tight calf and small boot opening are deterring me.

I removed any reference to 5EP and cross posted this on SuFu and the response has been interesting; Evisu, Nudie, and Sugar Cane.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synrax
I was considering sizing 1 up in the 5EPxSF and wearing them on my hips like I do for my casual look. However, the tight calf and small boot opening are deterring me.

I removed any reference to 5EP and cross posted this on SuFu and the response has been interesting; Evisu, Nudie, and Sugar Cane.

The SF 5EP doesn't have a bootcut, it's tapered. The LDB has a bit of the boot opening, but it's not really noticable (and it means you can wear any shoe with it, and indeed is the only jean I own I can say that about).

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here are pics of my 5ep ldb not downsized one (as is the norm for 5ep)

They're semi faded but the camera hasn't captured all of the complexity. If you like the fit and color, go for it.

(size 34, I can probably fit into a size 32)

You mentioned slimming + crotch breathability as some things you're looking for in a jean, and these definitely have that. The pockets are usably big and the jeans still have a clean straight silhouette, the bootcut is very subtle, the denim and construction are great.

Originally Posted by Souper

DSC03533.jpg

Flash:
DSC03524.jpg

Natural:
DSC03527.jpg

Hardwood:
DSC03543.jpg

Synrax

Reaction score
Souper, that looks fantastic. Is there a measurement chart somewhere for the LDB? How does the seat and legs feel compared to APC NS? If it's more relaxed, I think I'll pull the trigger on the 5EP LDB and get my normal waist size. Oh, and I'm still not quite clear on the distinction between raw, dark worn, and resin.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont know about a chart... it's definitely more relaxed, the thighs are regular and the calf is slim straight with a subtle bootcut.

the knees on a 32 are like 17 with an 18 inch hem, and the sizes vary from there

for example, on my 34 it was like 18/19 i think, i dont know the exact measurements.

I got my true size because I wanted a more "relaxed" fit, it's not obvious from the silhouette but i can definitely feel a lot more room in the top block.

if you buy your true size, just be warned that there might be a subtle hip flare until you boilsoak them, and also that you'll probably always need to wear a belt. these things fall off me without one.

ichapelle

Reaction score
Eason is right. The rigid scraped 514s from Levis are a perfect green tinted denim. They fit a little bit looser in the thigh area than the Slim Jims, below the knee, the 514s are almost identical to SJ.

Plus, they're unwashed and only cost $44.

I liked them so much, I bought two pairs.

BYucko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synrax

The PumaxEvisu with the green tinge?

Lots of hate. Personally, I might get a pair if I have cash lying around.

But lots of hate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads