• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jean thoughts?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was poking around online, and found a couple pairs that sparked my interest, but before I go search for the actual jeans in person, to see, feel, etc, I wanted to get the forum opinions, so here goes:

Pair 1: http://images.barneys.com/images/bar...8.6391_ZM1.jpg I think the denim looks awesome, and I've tried on Hemingways, so I know they are comfortable. What I can't quite decide is whether they get too close to that big flare look that I see all the TR douche bags rocking. I don't remember just how big the bootcut is, nor how wide the legs really are.

Pair two: http://images.barneys.com/images/bar...8.6494_ZM1.jpg I already own the Acne Mic Ridgid, and I really like the fit. Higher waist, fitted without being super tight, and I like the designer aesthetic. I'm not sure if a) this pair is too similar, and, b) how I feel about the slightly lighter color. This pair looks like more of an inky blue, but in a raw or raw-ish wash.

As always, I post my random denim musings here, hoping for feedback
smile.gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I personally don't care for either. If the bootcut was a little less i wouldn't mind them. I agree about the color of the 2nd jeans. Not a huge fan of them, i think i like them overall a bit more than the first.

You may be right about the first pair. Looking at the wash, though, they aren't that far off of the ES Dark Maz, which is available in the Fulton. I have gotten the sense that around here, that is just about the favorite for a pre-distressed jean.

I want something either lighter color or just pre-distressed for spring/summer, because I don't love wearing light shirts, light color shoes and super heavy, super dark dry jeans while walking around LA in the spring. I might even spring for the Fulton Milk Blue.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theshonen8899
I wouldn't want to wear either pair.

Are you talking about the two I posted in the OP, or the two pre-distressed ES Fulton I mentioned in my last post?

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
I don't love wearing light shirts, light color shoes and super heavy, super dark dry jeans while walking around LA in the spring.

I don't see what wrong with that...dark blue denim looks nice with just about anything to me. Light blue predistressed jeans remind of Hollister.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
You may be right about the first pair. Looking at the wash, though, they aren't that far off of the ES Dark Maz, which is available in the Fulton. I have gotten the sense that around here, that is just about the favorite for a pre-distressed jean.

I want something either lighter color or just pre-distressed for spring/summer, because I don't love wearing light shirts, light color shoes and super heavy, super dark dry jeans while walking around LA in the spring. I might even spring for the Fulton Milk Blue.

why dont you ebay a pair of redline 501... you can get them at a decent price, and the fading is so ******* realistic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads