1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jean Shop NYC

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by berlin report, Nov 22, 2007.

1. whodini

whodini Senior member

I remember reading that belt sizing was a bit off but man, I didn't expect it to be so oversized.

I bought a size small after seeing it was mean for waist sizes 32-34 but it's clearly more like 34-36 if not more.

Too bad as it is an awesome belt. Back to Gilt it goes I guess.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I remember reading that belt sizing was a bit off but man, I didn't expect it to be so oversized.

I bought a size small after seeing it was mean for waist sizes 32-34 but it's clearly more like 34-36 if not more.

Oh well. Back to Gilt it goes I guess.

Yeah, they are way oversized, especially the washed belts. On the raw belts, I am the middle hole on the S. However, they apparently overestimated the amount of shrinkage from the washing process, so the washed belts size huge. I am the last hole on an XS, and I am about a 31-32 waist.

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

I think you have the same belt. It's the black leather with the oversized buckle. Even with the XS, I figure I'd have to use one of the last holes to make it fit.

4. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Belts are crazy oversized. I have two belts (basic and embroidered). I just took measurments of other belts I own and had them custom cut it for me.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

Belts are crazy oversized. I have two belts (basic and embroidered). I just took measurments of other belts I own and had them custom cut it for me.
    What did that run you?

6. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

7. fitzge22

fitzge22 Member

I tried on a pair of button fly rockers today which are resin coated, really like the fit and detailing of them. Anyone have any experience with this version of the js rocker?

8. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

they have button fly rockers?

9. fitzge22

fitzge22 Member

they have button fly rockers?
    Yup both in 13oz and heavyweight versions. Dont know if the heavyweight has a resin coat, but the 13oz ones do. $290 for 13oz and $300 heavyweight.

10. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

The denim is made at a real gem of a find in the Bronx.

11. SerialComma

SerialComma Senior member

I have the button-fly rockers in X fabric, which is what they called it at the store. I really, really like them. I've got a pair of both APC Rescues and KMW 1980s, and the Rockers are by far my favorite. I sized down three, and they took their damn time stretching to a comfortable fit, probably 3 months or so of wearing them 4–5 days/week. I've had them for about 13 months now and I'm contemplating giving them their first wash, but I'm still up in the air. I love the way they fit now, and I think they'll last quite a while longer. They did develop holes behind each knee right after a couple of months. They're small, no bigger than a pencil eraser, and I left them alone and they haven't gotten any bigger. They've maintained their color pretty well, and the fades that have come through are mainly in the thighs and the back pocket from my wallet. I definitely recommend them.

12. chronic

chronic Senior member

The denim is made at a real gem of a find in the Bronx.

Can you tell me where? I'm trying to start my own denim line...Crisp Denim. [​IMG]

13. JeanShopNYC

JeanShopNYC Member

Haha. It's good to see you guys caught the show. Eric's cameo was brief, but good. How are you liking it?

As far as the resin coated denim (X Fabric), it takes a little longer to break in and the yarn coating keeps the jean dark through more wear and washing than the original fabric. The Heavyweight has the same coating on the indigo yarns.

14. JeanShopNYC

JeanShopNYC Member

This is very true. Great service, great store. The put up with me humming and hawing between a black or indigo jacket, and in S or M for like 30 minutes. Can't speak highly enough of the folks in that shop!

Thank you for the kind words about the staff. We all do our best to give every person the highest quality customer service anywhere. And let me tell you, with the economy as bad as it is and the effect it has had on people's spending, that can be a challenge. Haha.

Come by any time and we'll pour you a shot of tequila.

-Jared

15. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

exactly how heavy are the heavyweight jeans?

16. JeanShopNYC

JeanShopNYC Member

exactly how heavy are the heavyweight jeans?

The Heavyweights are 15 oz.

17. thethreeman

thethreeman Member

Those jeans look great threeman! I'll try to get some of my own posted soon. I've been wearing JS for four years now and working for them for two. I have some well-worn pairs in my collection.

Also, feel free to post up pics on our Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4276292&ref=ts

-Jared

Thanks for the compliment! I'm a FB fan now, but I won't publish the pics from my account. If you want, though, feel free to post them yourself!

Quick question for you: obviously JS does a LOT of customization, but does that ever extend to custom fabrics? If I wanted a pair of rockers with a slubbier denim, or an overdyed denim, or anything else... is that level of customization possible?

18. JeanShopNYC

JeanShopNYC Member

Thanks for the compliment! I'm a FB fan now, but I won't publish the pics from my account. If you want, though, feel free to post them yourself!

Quick question for you: obviously JS does a LOT of customization, but does that ever extend to custom fabrics? If I wanted a pair of rockers with a slubbier denim, or an overdyed denim, or anything else... is that level of customization possible?

Unfortunately not threeman. Aside from one limited edition Skinny run we did, all of our jeans have orange selvedge woven custom for us. To get that requires a large fabric minimum at the mill and thus we cannot do just a pair or two in any particular denim.

But if there's a fabric type that you really like, send us pictures and we'll keep that look in mind when we select our next limited edition fabric. We tend to do one every year or so these days and we're selling through the last of our limited gray fabric now. So by all means, send us some pics.

19. JeanShopNYC

JeanShopNYC Member

I know you all are into a bunch of different brands and whatnot, so I thought I'd let you know about huge denim break-in blog that was recently launched. 22 brands. 22 bloggers. From raw to ruins. They are inviting comments and discussion on all things denim. If you have some time to kill, check it out. www.denimdebate.com

20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

You guys still have the grey denim?