• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This chukka is nearly perfect. Too bad it is not available in the US.

yup looks great, but i so prefer chukka's on round toed lasts

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Our friend VRraivio on KEIKARI has a great interview with Tetsuji Ueda, from Tetsujiya, Tokyo.

Interview with Tetsuji Ueda

Full Brogues in Norvegese Stitching

KEIKARI is starting to look like a treasure trove of interviews with Japanese cordwainers :slayer:

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hiro Yanagimachi Workshop Pattern Order Fair, Starting 11/16~12/1

With a reputation of having an almost surgical grade precision in craftsmanship, great fitting, and a classic English styling, Hiro Yanagimachi Workshop has been one of the standard bearers of Tokyo`s bespoke scene for some time. His `Pattern Order` MTO shoes (with so called 9/10 handmade construction) are already excellent deals at ¥150K yen or so. The semi-annual order fair, like this upcoming Fall edition, brings them to an even more attainable price with a ¥30K ($300) discount

5 all new designs (all different from the Spring event that I have reported previously) and 5 materials are available for selection. Priced from ¥120K to ¥130K JPY.

During the period of the Order Fair (until 12/1 Sun), the atelier will be open to the public w/o need for appointment.

Loop derby plaintoes

Saddle strap captoes oxfords.

5 eyelet straight tips

Apron front oxfords

My favorite from the group, full brogue derby,

5 colors to choose from

Soles

Accessories: Lasted shoe trees, felt shoe bags

Hiro Yanagimachi Homepage

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It appears that these were only available during Isetan's Ivy style exhibition, and I wasn't aware!!!! :cloud: I blame you nutcracker, you should have told me :slapfight: :revolve:

These are samples of an upcoming collection of Regal shoes designed by a fashion blogger called 'M'

The designs are more or less based on Regal's classic models from the 1960's (in the middle of the 'Ivy' fad in Japan)
What's potentially unique about these shoes is the combination of Horween and Japanese cordovan.
On each model, Horween's Whisky shell is paired with Japanese cordovan in either tan, wine, and olive.
While I'm not exactly sure how the Japanese cordovans are processed, they apparently age differently from Horween's shell variety.
The best of both worlds....I suppose

Whisky + Tan

Whisky + Wine

Whisky + Olive

From Editor's Blog 'M'

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It appears that these were only available during Isetan's Ivy style exhibition, and I wasn't aware!!!! :cloud: I blame you nutcracker, you should have told me :slapfight: :revolve:

Ooops! Yeah the exhibition lasted only 1 week, and ended just a while ago. It`s hard to believe that those shoes were only available for such short time.... :uhoh:
Maybe its` a travelling exhibition.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ooops! Yeah the exhibition lasted only 1 week, and ended just a while ago. It`s hard to believe that those shoes were only available for such short time.... :uhoh:
Maybe its` a travelling exhibition.

Not to worry, I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger anyway, they were a bit more expensive than I thought they'd be.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads