• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

Freecard

Reaction score
Selling these combat boots in olive I have worn only 3 times as they were not my size :(

Size 12

690 USD shipment included.
IMG_2789.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2785.jpg
    IMG_2785.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 216

SocialSculptures

Reaction score
I'm going to be posting some Rolling Dub Trio Gleaners in black from the Fall 2022 release for sale soon is anyone is interested. Tagged size 8.5 and in excellent, lightly worn condition. They fit more like a US 9 GYW boot and have a pretty forgiving fit.

Happy to help with sizing and send more info etc. - I'll share the listing here as well, but feel free to PM in the meantime.

SocialSculptures

Reaction score

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Question here about selling:

I've got a pair of Clinch Engineers and a pair of Flame Panda's (not Japanese, I know…), a few pairs of Vibergs (also gonna post in the Viberg thread), plus a Real McCoy's G-1, that I'm looking to move.

Never really done this kind of selling here or elsewhere so would love some guidance on where to do it from the assembled throng.

Stitchdown Discord is supposed to be great but Good Lord does it look complicated, and I'm just not sure I want to spend a ton of time trying to figure it out.

I know the Fedora Lounge is good but I've never posted there.

Any other ideas?

Styleforum has gotten more workwear-oriented over time (just look at how the general boots thread has evolved), so maybe the B/S/T section here would be just as good? If so, where exactly would I post the items?

Thanks for everyone's patience, as I'm sure this is basic stuff for most here…

Franko

Reaction score

I've got a pair of Clinch Engineers and a pair of Flame Panda's (not Japanese, I know…), a few pairs of Vibergs (also gonna post in the Viberg thread), plus a Real McCoy's G-1, that I'm looking to move.

Never really done this kind of selling here or elsewhere so would love some guidance on where to do it from the assembled throng.

Stitchdown Discord is supposed to be great but Good Lord does it look complicated, and I'm just not sure I want to spend a ton of time trying to figure it out.

Any other ideas?

Styleforum has gotten more workwear-oriented over time (just look at how the general boots thread has evolved), so maybe the B/S/T section here would be just as good? If so, where exactly would I post the items?

I sold a pair of Vibergs on Fedora, and have bought a leather jacket from there. Both were positive experiences. I’d say it tends to be more leather jackets than boots in general. Iron Heart forum is another option.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any other ideas?

I've always just sold on the 'Bay simply because its easy and straightforward. Yes, the fees suck but you'll get the most visibility on there most likely. I've sold the majority of boots/shoes (Alden, Whites, Viberg,etc) on there and it was hassle free. You may not get get exactly what you want per se, but thats almost always the case reselling.

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input re selling.

Hilariously, Standard & Strange sent out an email about a soft launch of their pre-owned exchange more or less exactly when I was posting my question – so that might be another option as well.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will use that talk to ask a question - are there any EU forums or marketplaces where people sell boots/shoes?

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score

Any other ideas?

Grailed is another online marketplace that might suit your needs.

SocialSculptures

Reaction score

Larry Darrell

Reaction score
John Lofgren Combat Boot in Shinki Shell Olive

Simultaneously enthralled with the boots and disgusted with myself. I’ve never had any interest in anything I’ve encountered in shell until these. The thinness of the material is a bit scary considering the price. I’m pretty sure the cap toe and the backstay ain’t shell, I’m guessing CXL???? Really interested to see how these wear, the only Lofgren offering in shell I’ve seen were those waxed Shadow Shell boots. One of the boots has a decent sized ‘hotspot’ on the inside vamp that seems like the shell was maybe a little overworked, it’s distended and discolored…annoying, but not that visible. I emailed about it and got a vague reply that didn’t address my concern, but they were willing to have me return the boots if I wanted. I decided to keep them and have just brushed the hell out of the spot and it’s helping with the color and the weird spot seems to be settling in with some wear. Either way, the boots are gorgeous, probably overpriced, maybe not…time will tell.

Attachments

• IMG_7481.jpeg
    IMG_7481.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_7478.jpeg
    IMG_7478.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 1,100
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8