• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

JessBob

Reaction score
Next time I'll just PM..lol. Definitely opened up the box for everyone to jump in on this. Now those Devauxs are long gone. Thanks for the share, next time I won't make the massive mistake of asking in a public forum!

They're not long gone. You can now buy them for the low low price of $1350 on eBay, more than double their original price (~$665 USD)!

Which one of you lives in San Diego??? 😡

I'm now inclined to never share this kind of secret store info in the future, as true collectors get beaten out by the profit flippers who don't do the ground work of actually finding the stores or frames themselves. These transactions also help signal JMM that they can increase their prices if the market for higher prices is out there.

One of the three frames I had bookmarked (along with Loewy and GT) that got away...

But at least I'm fairly confident that the Loewy (and possibly the GT?) ended up in the hands of a collector who truly appreciates it, and not someone looking to flip for a quick buck.

Last edited:

tweedlover

Reaction score
They're not long gone. You can now buy them for the low low price of $1350 on eBay, almost double their original price!

I'm now inclined to never share this kind of secret store info in the future, as true collectors get beaten out by the profit flippers who don't do the ground work of actually finding the stores or frames themselves. These transactions also help signal JMM that they can increase their prices if the market for higher prices is out there.

One of the three frames I had bookmarked (along with Loewy and GT) that got away...
Do think that anyone who'd pay that much for glasses is a bit daft.;)

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Devaux looking good.

Screenshot (1348).png

penkala

Reaction score
So I just binged watched Guy Richie's new 'Gentleman' Netflix series which is great viewing, but what jumped out at me throughout the entire series is the huge plugging Jerome has been given. There is Hemmings, Prudhon, Molino and Schindler but I am sure there was one or two other models also briefly shown.

View attachment 2147175 View attachment 2147177 View attachment 2147179
View attachment 2147445

Another un-indentified model, likely Fitzgerald

Last edited:

joseph240

Reaction score
They're not long gone. You can now buy them for the low low price of $1350 on eBay, more than double their original price (~$665 USD)!

But at least I'm fairly confident that the Loewy (and possibly the GT?) ended up in the hands of a collector who truly appreciates it, and not someone looking to flip for a quick buck.
I bought the gt and are putting in them zeiss smart life 3, stone tint, photofusion xgrey lenses. So $900+ lenses. Rest assured that the gt are not for sale.

oudwood

Reaction score

It's despicable honestly. And there's a good chance that whoever posted that is here on the forum. What are the odds that a brand new pair of Devaux Marquina (that just sold retail on that site) end up on eBay in the same condition, with the plastic wrapper still left on the arms.. what are you going to do. You're a piece of trash whoever that was.

The search continues for a Devaux in Beluga. Time to do the ground work and reach out to every retailer available. Those eBay prices are crazy! I love the frame, but not that much.

JessBob

Reaction score
It's despicable honestly. And there's a good chance that whoever posted that is here on the forum. What are the odds that a brand new pair of Devaux Marquina (that just sold retail on that site) end up on eBay in the same condition, with the plastic wrapper still left on the arms.. what are you going to do. You're a piece of trash whoever that was.

The search continues for a Devaux in Beluga. Time to do the ground work and reach out to every retailer available. Those eBay prices are crazy! I love the frame, but not that much.

It's the same frame. The shop includes the edition number on all its listings and these eBay frames have the same edition number (Limited Edition 432/500) as the one they sold.

Trash

penkala

Reaction score

What's the story behind it? Someone posted store availability here and they got sold or?

Ps. I got devaux marquina for around 850e. Ebay takes 15% so that's the reason JMMs are priced 1k+ there.

obecity

Reaction score

Totally agree. Whoever it is who bought that frame just to flip is the lowest of the low for using this bulletin board of fans and friends to get good information just use for greed. Truly a mudder fudder, and that’s an abbreviation I won’t spell out.

Whichever feller on this site who did that, listen up: You’re a low down dirty scoundrel, and I don’t want you around here anymore! I wish that whatever profit you make costs you doubly in personal misery. I’m sorry to my friends on this forum who had to read my harsh words. Absolutely horrid. There is no honor left in this world!

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score
Totally agree. Whoever it is who bought that frame just to flip is the lowest of the low for using this bulletin board of fans and friends to get good information just use for greed. Truly a mudder fudder, and that’s an abbreviation I won’t spell out.

Whichever feller on this site who did that, listen up: You’re a low down dirty scoundrel, and I don’t want you around here anymore! I wish that whatever profit you make costs you doubly in personal misery. I’m sorry to my friends on this forum who had to read my harsh words. Absolutely horrid. There is no honor left in this world!
It sucks just for the sheer disrespect to other collectors but also it ruins the experience with all of us because seeing that makes us feel like we don’t want to share things to help others out anymore for fear that the person is not a legit enthusiast but a flipper aka scalper instead using our forum for tips rather than what we all intend it for which is to help others find the eyewear that they want for themselves not to flip for profit when another enthusiast may have been wanting it for their collection and look I get it it’s a free country it’s capitalism im not stupid everyone is entitled to make their money how they see fit I won’t begrudge anyone that but it does suck when it’s at the expense of those who are being genuine to help someone else who is sharing their same passion

JessBob

Reaction score
What's the story behind it? Someone posted store availability here and they got sold or?

Ps. I got devaux marquina for around 850e. Ebay takes 15% so that's the reason JMMs are priced 1k+ there.

"Store availability" oversimplifies what happened. Closest analogy I can think of is the conflict between ticket scalpers and regular concert/show attendees.

I know JMM is aware of the problem and has already taken some steps to limit access to resellers, which I won't disclose. It'll be curious to see how much further they can and will go to curb the practice

Last edited:

TR14

Reaction score

Well this is ridiculous. I was the one who linked the retailer.

I see now that we have interlopers. In the future I will not link and will indicate for people to PM.

I feel complicit in this nonsense now.

Apologies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads