• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
Crossed one of the JMM hexagons off my list. Acquired these today, my second pair of this model, and am ecstatic to have landed such a stunning summer frame. Next on my list is probably one of JMM's octagonals, unless the Earl arrives sooner than expected
Whoever gets an Earl or sees one in IRL, please post up a pic of it on a face. TBH, I love the frame but its stated measurements are just too small. JJ made a huge mistake by not making them at least 58 (better yet 60) lens width and an overall width of 150.

MeatFish

Reaction score
I've found myself in the unfortunate position of really wanting a pair of chrome hearts opticals. this isn't the best place to look for uhh, less baller alternatives, but any shot you guys have recs for similar style? Jmm or orhwerwise

IMG_4543.jpeg

Don’t know the name but it was something tasteful like “asstrordinair”

Last edited:

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found myself in the unfortunate position of really wanting a pair of chrome hearts opticals. this isn't the best place to look for uhh, less baller alternatives, but any shot you guys have recs for similar style? Jmm or orhwerwise

View attachment 2150197

Don’t know the name but it was something cringe like “asstrordinair”
The Ashcroft in Ocre may be the closest JMM to the model you're wearing in the photo...

JMM Ashcroft Ocre product shot_front.jpg

obecity

Reaction score

View attachment 2150197

Chrome Hearts comes up with names that are very low brow and provacative. Regardless, I don’t think those frames work for you, and I find that pale yellow color objectionable. I know I’m cutting right to the point. I don’t mean to be rude. With my respect.

obecity

Reaction score
The Ashcroft in Ocre may be the closest JMM to the model you're wearing in the photo...

View attachment 2150207
Comin in clutch with a good rec. As someone who has been on this forum since oh about page 400, I can say that this feller EasilyAmused knows his stuff and is a dapper mofo (full acronym withheld for modesty, but used in a very complimentary sense as the young whipper snappers would).

MeatFish

Reaction score
Chrome Hearts comes up with names that are very low brow and provacative. Regardless, I don’t think those frames work for you, and I find that pale yellow color objectionable. I know I’m cutting right to the point. I don’t mean to be rude. With my respect.
While this does sadden me, obecity, i will continue to get this pair of glasses (or similar)

View attachment 2150207
Appreciate the solid rec, but I think it’s missing some of the attitude of the ch pair. Was hoping there was a direct reference they were going off of, ie one of their frames are 1:1 moscot lemtosh ft. silver crosses.

obecity

Reaction score
While this does sadden me, obecity, i will continue to get this pair of glasses (or similar)

Appreciate the solid rec, but I think it’s missing some of the attitude of the ch pair. Was hoping there was a direct reference they were going off of, ie one of their frames are 1:1 moscot lemtosh ft. silver crosses.
My apologies. I hope I didn’t upset you. I misunderstood your post. I thought you were getting feedback on whether or not to purchase this particular pair of CH (chrome hearts) frames. I thinks EA’s (EasilyAmused’s) suggestion would work better for you. Either way, much of how frame works depends on a feller’s swagger. If you can strut like a baller, then any frame can work. I don’t strut, and I’m no baller, so my frames have to be OP (on point).

Pakman161

Reaction score

View attachment 2150197

Not an exact match, but I could SO see you rocking the whiskey clone like it was 90's again.
1710553555553.png

Hannibal4242

Reaction score

View attachment 2150197

your jaw line is pronounced enough that cat style frames would be a redundant V shape, I would look into Cutler and gross GR02 or the 1338 both in yellow

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2150197

Debbie by JMM comes to mind, but it's hard to find IMO

jmmdebbiemodel1_7b9b2fa0-2808-475f-ba2e-375d94d6fe48.jpg

I dig this one by Akila too

oudwood

Reaction score
Agreed on the Devaux Prismatic. Since I only started collecting this past August, I was late to the game for almost all Loewy/Devaux. Tried on my very first Devaux, the Prismatic, at the same Abbot Kinney shop and it instantly moved to the top of my list. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger is I eventually lucked into the Loewy VT. I may eventually still pick up the Prismatic at some point. It's a stunning colorway for the Devaux. Actually matched the hat I was wearing that day haha

BTW Where on God's green Earth did you pick up the Loewy VT ? What a find!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2150197

I think that the JMM Ashcroft, recommended by EA, is a good alternative, but, if you like that CH model, why don't you go for it?

MeatFish

Reaction score
Not an exact match, but I could SO see you rocking the whiskey clone like it was 90's again. View attachment 2150213
i tried this exact pair (or something close enough) some time ago and actually really dug them. just not what I’m looking for atm

your jaw line is pronounced enough that cat style frames would be a redundant V shape, I would look into Cutler and gross GR02 or the 1338 both in yellow
epic,

I think that the JMM Ashcroft, recommended by EA, is a good alternative, but, if you like that CH model, why don't you go for it?

I was honestly just hoping chrome ripped the model from something more accessible, but it seems like there isn’t an obvious answer here so I’m leaning towards going for it

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2150197

menswear-adjacent dude starter pack

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads