• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

JessBob

Reaction score
BTW Where on God's green Earth did you pick up the Loewy VT ? What a find!

tbh, i just kept asking around if anyone had a loewy for sale. lucked into a seller who responded affirmatively. when i asked what kind, the seller replied "Loewy Vintage Tortoise"

that's it. BOOM. lol

btw, I just uncovered a brand new Devaux Noir for ~$800 USD. Granted, it's not the Marquina for $665. DM me if interested. After all that recent brouhaha, you and @TR14 have right of first refusal before I consider sharing the info with anyone else. I may end up picking it up myself lol

JessBob

Reaction score
those are gorgeous but I want them in black-ish ... I actually saw a pic of you wearing them and subsequently found this place ..... you .... are .... to..... blame

just came across a bunch of these Edie still out there too. they lean black-ish...

Attachments

• 1_Edie_garnet_Front_aDLZGO6-1024x532.jpg
    1_Edie_garnet_Front_aDLZGO6-1024x532.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 39

TR14

Reaction score
tbh, i just kept asking around if anyone had a loewy for sale. lucked into a seller who responded affirmatively. when i asked what kind, the seller replied "Loewy Vintage Tortoise"

that's it. BOOM. lol

btw, I just uncovered a brand new Devaux Noir for ~$800 USD. Granted, it's not the Marquina for $665. DM me if interested. After all that recent brouhaha, you and @TR14 have right of first refusal before I consider sharing the info with anyone else. I may end up picking it up myself lol
Thanks! You’re a good man! Im holding strong. May be eyeing a hickory fade molino while in Orlando for work next week.

JessBob

Reaction score
Thanks! You’re a good man! Im holding strong. May be eyeing a hickory fade molino while in Orlando for work next week.

GL with the hickory fade. Great color and Molino a classic shape. I have the HF Quentins and among the ones I wear most often

oudwood

Reaction score

that's it. BOOM. lol

This guy right here is the real one 👏👏 I DMed.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's it. BOOM. lol

I think there are still hidden gems around, especially in the States. Lucky you, American collectors.

By the way, still waiting for my frames being processed through the customs.

Last edited:

obecity

Reaction score
I think there are still hidden gems around, especially in the States. Lucky you, American collectors.

By the way, still waiting for my frames being processed through the customs.
USA #1! (But with much love and respect to all the other nations of the world.)

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've found myself in the unfortunate position of really wanting a pair of chrome hearts opticals. this isn't the best place to look for uhh, less baller alternatives, but any shot you guys have recs for similar style? Jmm or orhwerwise

View attachment 2150197

Don’t know the name but it was something tasteful like “asstrordinair”

Might be slightly less agro than what you want, but Dita Muskel

MUSKEL_DTS701-A-03AF_angle_1440x.jpg

muskel_model_800x.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads