• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Pakman161

Reaction score
silhouette looks to be like below.
1702149083674.png

JessBob

Reaction score
A little story…

When I first saw pre release pics of the Shibusawa, I was excited as this model seemed to have the perfect dimensions for an allday RX. Rumoured to be coming out In November…. A bit of a cross between Molino and a Jeff. Maybe a bit conservative for some, but I saw then as understated with a slight edge anyway….

november came and so did the Shibus, but when I saw the colours I was only interested in the Hickory and even then was a little underwhelmed, had some personal problems and money woes blah blah blah. i put them in the basket but couldn’t pull the trigger…….
They subsequently sold out …..dammit. (incidentally Why were an RX model being sold in the sunglasses section?). European and US online vendors had also sold out….. ah well wasn’t to be.

But I kept looking and looking only finding them in Japan for high prices, extra import duties, hassles etc.

However, on Friday I spotted that I still had a pair in my JMM basket…….. when I then checked the JMM site there were none showing in the RX line or the sunglasses line,ie. None in the online store. but using the search facility on JMM looking fior Shibusawa and Lo and behold they were showing the Hickory and black were available…..wooo!. So I bought them and after receiving the confirmation emails when I went back in, the Hickory was showing as sold out again……. Which makes me wonder if my basket entry from back in November effectively had reserved one????

all seems very strange and flakey, but what do you think my chances of them being delivered are?

Should be good chances if you checked out and received a receipt. Otherwise, they'll pop up over the next couple weeks at authorized dealer if you keep an eye out. There's an agar on grailed right now under retail and I saw another agar at retail at an authorized dealer's website in Canada.

I love my Shibusawa. It's now my daily optical. I got both the Noir and Hickory, and would respectfully disagree in that I think the Hickory looks great!

Good luck with your search!

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
If anyone is after a Thundercloud fade or a Sterett in Argyle, shoot me a message. Both Rand new and asking $1800 a piece
I’ve been trying to sell a thundercloud rover for $1200 and haven’t had any bites so think you might have an issue at $1800. Surprised someone hasn’t snatched the Sterett right away though

Pureneat

Reaction score
A little story…

When I first saw pre release pics of the Shibusawa, I was excited as this model seemed to have the perfect dimensions for an allday RX. Rumoured to be coming out In November…. A bit of a cross between Molino and a Jeff. Maybe a bit conservative for some, but I saw then as understated with a slight edge anyway….

november came and so did the Shibus, but when I saw the colours I was only interested in the Hickory and even then was a little underwhelmed, had some personal problems and money woes blah blah blah. i put them in the basket but couldn’t pull the trigger…….
They subsequently sold out …..dammit. (incidentally Why were an RX model being sold in the sunglasses section?). European and US online vendors had also sold out….. ah well wasn’t to be.

But I kept looking and looking only finding them in Japan for high prices, extra import duties, hassles etc.

However, on Friday I spotted that I still had a pair in my JMM basket…….. when I then checked the JMM site there were none showing in the RX line or the sunglasses line,ie. None in the online store. but using the search facility on JMM looking fior Shibusawa and Lo and behold they were showing the Hickory and black were available…..wooo!. So I bought them and after receiving the confirmation emails when I went back in, the Hickory was showing as sold out again……. Which makes me wonder if my basket entry from back in November effectively had reserved one????

all seems very strange and flakey, but what do you think my chances of them being delivered are?
A little update…..
got a bit concerned l that other than receiving auto generated receipt I hadn’t had any actual updates so sent JMM an email and got a prompt reply saying the order should be processed in the next 24 - 48 hrs……. Well holy moly 48 hrs later I have them In hand, from LA to the UK via DHL…… so impressed with the service…..and now that I have them… yeah theyve worked out Real well….just need to get my RX prescription sorted and these will be my new all dayers….

merry Xmas Jammers…… 😀

Yokimoto

Reaction score
Fellini opticals just came in. Is this red case new? It’s very cheap looking. I was expecting the leather flap pouch.

Attachments

• IMG_7854.jpeg
    IMG_7854.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 238

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellini opticals just came in. Is this red case new? It’s very cheap looking. I was expecting the leather flap pouch.
Is it stiff enough that it would actually protect your frames if you threw them in a bag? While the leather envelope pouch is nice, it’s good for storage like in your car or at home but not so much travel. I actually use either a Warby Parker hard case because it has a smaller footprint or the long horn clam shell when space is less of an issue.

Yokimoto

Reaction score
Is it stiff enough that it would actually protect your frames if you threw them in a bag? While the leather envelope pouch is nice, it’s good for storage like in your car or at home but not so much travel. I actually use either a Warby Parker hard case because it has a smaller footprint or the long horn clam shell when space is less of an issue.

It’s rigid, but it’s less rigid than say a typical RayBan case.

The older style optical one was sturdier and a little classier. I grew up in the UK and this is basically a red version of the cases the National Health Service gives out and they’re free…

JessBob

Reaction score
A little update…..
got a bit concerned l that other than receiving auto generated receipt I hadn’t had any actual updates so sent JMM an email and got a prompt reply saying the order should be processed in the next 24 - 48 hrs……. Well holy moly 48 hrs later I have them In hand, from LA to the UK via DHL…… so impressed with the service…..and now that I have them… yeah theyve worked out Real well….just need to get my RX prescription sorted and these will be my new all dayers….

merry Xmas Jammers…… 😀

Congrats! Glad it worked out. The hickory color looks better in person, right?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix