• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by happyxix
Yea I believe so.

cool. will probably let it go for $120 shipped. i'll get pics up by the weekend or if anyone wants, shoot me a PM with your email and i can send pics from my iphone.

kittichet_l

Reaction score
I just saw "Extra 30% off sale item &free shipping on $150+" on jcrew.com

I wanna know if i could get this discount for "AldenXJ.Crew 405 indy boots" or not? anybody know?

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that J. Crew shirts from the F/W 2010 or S/S 2011 collections have a larger neckline than what is stamped on the shirt? I wear a small, which claims to have a 14 to 14 1/2 inch neckline. However, when I measured the neckline of my shirts, it is actually somewhere between 15 1/4 and 15 1/2 inches.
5661317434_2159779f99.jpg

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
got around to trying out the broken in slim fit chinos today... amazing fit.

ya they fit me well. i had to buy a pair after trying them on in store....

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tv2177
ya they fit me well. i had to buy a pair after trying them on in store....

curious, did u get the same size as what u would normally wear for j crew denim or 1 size down?

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
curious, did u get the same size as what u would normally wear for j crew denim or 1 size down?

haven't get any jcrew denim for at least 2 years. but just off the top of my head, I wear the same size as denim.

tab3076

Reaction score
Can anyone describe the actual size difference between Medium, Medium-Slim and Small when it comes to the Secret Wash Shirts?

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tab3076
Can anyone describe the actual size difference between Medium, Medium-Slim and Small when it comes to the Secret Wash Shirts?

medium-slim fits better than medium in everyway. i dunno about small cuz i always wear medium in jcrew.

your best bet is email jcrew or use their online chat to get the measurements if there's no retail near you.

tab3076

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tv2177
medium-slim fits better than medium in everyway. i dunno about small cuz i always wear medium in jcrew. your best bet is email jcrew or use their online chat to get the measurements if there's no retail near you.
Unfortunately, they don't have measurements available but I wonder how much of a difference there is, a small tailored t-shirt fits me perfectly but I've got medium shirt, that fits but it's a bit too loose?

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tab3076
Unfortunately, they don't have measurements available but I wonder how much of a difference there is, a small tailored t-shirt fits me perfectly but I've got medium shirt, that fits but it's a bit too loose?

from what i know is that if you chat with them they'll always have measurements for you, cuz they can physically grab any thing u want and measure it for u right away. anyways, getting back to the topic tho.

if medium is too loose then you should not even consider medium. i would say u should try a small shirt if that's too snuggy for you to like then opt for medium-slim. but medium-slim has very limited in options tho.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt