• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

mmize

Reaction score
Will be picking up the following:

images_eiec_26_26442_26442_WT0002_tif_53950ad9b1cb17fa.jpg

How does sizing run on Adidas shoes?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Yup, and again, that's why I ***** so much about them not offering Tall sizes for every shirt they make. Hopefully someone is listening.
laugh.gif

+2 seriously I need me some tall mediums.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmize
Will be picking up the following:

images_eiec_26_26442_26442_WT0002_tif_53950ad9b1cb17fa.jpg

How does sizing run on Adidas shoes?

I like how Adidas look but I can't seem to get a good fit. Bought the Rod Lavers in my actual size and they pinched. Bought the Chile '62 soccer ('football') shoe in my size and it ended up doing the same thing. They seem on the SLIGHLTY small side of my actual size -- just enough to be annoying after a while. Half size larger looks & feels ridiculously large on me. Stan Smiths may be TTS but I'm not 100% sure. (...Is this shoe the Stan Smith? appears to be)

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical
The bowery pants do look nice...unfortunately they do not come in the regular fit....all i saw was classic. As it is for me the regulars are pretty slim fitting. I have an athletic build (5ft8 31" waist but 26" legs)
Yeah, the Bowery "classic" is plenty slim for me, and I'm a slim dude -- so you might not find them to your liking (let alone the even slimmer Bowery "urban slim" which I may try for non-work).

But hey, if those broken in chinos fit, and don't break the bank & don't break the dress code where you are, then maybe you should consider a pair.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
damn looks like I can't find a red chambray shirt anymore
frown.gif

Go to a store and use the Red Phone. Ask them to do a store search -- you might get lucky.

If you scroll back through the posts you'll see somebody very recently claims to have done just that.

a-rock

Reaction score
Just picked up the Bowery pants in the oxford material. Really like the fit and fabric. Looks and feels like lightweight linen but hoping they have a bit more durability and wrinkle-resistance. I think they go perfect paired with any of the madras shirts, both with lightweight but textured.
images_onFigure_24_24232_24232_SP1223_m_tif_759d0b33f9711854.jpg
Couple of new colors in the lightweight shirts were in store. The tundra plaid I thought was pretty blegh. It's listed as pomegranate online but it's more like orange. There's also a blue-grey plaid that sort of looks like the coastal plaid but replace the white areas with grey, with few bits of muted yellow striping. It was intriguing but I resisted for now. The dossier tattersall was also avail with light red and blue striping. Thought that was a fun shirt but I've bought too many red and pink-hued shirts lately. Red chambray, pink and blue madras. Solid faded black lightweight shirt with point collar. It'd different than the utility shirt. I did pick this one up as well as the olive color. At the SCP store there's a whole bunch of the olive ones on the sale rack for $30.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
Just picked up the Bowery pants in the oxford material. Really like the fit and fabric. Looks and feels like lightweight linen but hoping they have a bit more durability and wrinkle-resistance. I think they go perfect paired with any of the madras shirts, both with lightweight but textured.

Is that oxford similar to oxford shirt cloth?

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CEE88
Yeah, the Bowery "classic" is plenty slim for me, and I'm a slim dude -- so you might not find them to your liking (let alone the even slimmer Bowery "urban slim" which I may try for non-work).

But hey, if those broken in chinos fit, and don't break the bank & don't break the dress code where you are, then maybe you should consider a pair.

Yah...for me the regular fit is pretty slim....theres no way my legs would even fit in classic fit thats why my options are a little more myself.

Opinion on the light weight essex pants? I ended up grabbing those (which were a little more than the broken-in chinos)? Breaking the bank is not a concern as long as the pants quality/fit matches the price. Again thanks!

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Is that oxford similar to oxford shirt cloth?

Almost want to say it's lighter than the oxford shirts, yet not heavily washed or distressed at all to get it that way. Definitely felt different than the other bowery pants. I like the look of the glen plaid one but its more of a thin poplin which looks like it'll wrinkle like hell and look terrible if not ironed. The oxford on the other hand feels more durable yet very lightweight.

mmize

Reaction score
I've found the bowery pants to be very bad at resisting wrinkles; they need ironing after being taken out of the dryer every time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics