1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

Hmm. Personal taste, I guess. I really like early/mid 1960s-type narrow lapels on jackets and shirts, and I'd rather go with a narrow tie. For me that kind of narrow has more of a cool Americana vibe.

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Hmm. Personal taste, I guess. I really like early/mid 1960s-type narrow lapels on jackets and shirts, and I'd rather go with a narrow tie. For me that kind of narrow has more of a cool Americana vibe.

Yeah, personal taste. I still vote against the Ludlow.

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Doesn't bother me, and I ain't young. I see it as an homage to 60s style, which I've liked ever since I saw my Dad's sportcoats (purchased c. 1962).

It's just fashion. Lapels will get big again soon enough, as the 70s wave overtakes us (viz. shawl collars, which I really dislike).

The lapels on the Ludlow are much narrower than what you saw in the 60s.
    You would need a 1.5"-2" tie to wear this jacket.

4. deveandepot1

Robert- The Ludlow is a joke. Lapels were never this narrow.
    The Ludlow is not even slim. I have BR jackets that are slimmer than the Ludlow.

5. deveandepot1

Triple Post!
    Here is a vintage Timex military watch I found recently that I thought you guys might like. I am planning on selling it because I have too many watches like it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. aktao

aktao Active Member

I did, too, until I saw the epaulets. I will probably spring for the JC version of the gray chambray.

Was watching this tonight and noticed that Phil from Modern Family looks like he is wearing the J Crew gray chambray at 13:42. It looks good on him, though I'm not sure I'm going to spend that much again on the gray one since I already have the blue one.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143500/mod...out#s-p1-so-i0

7. Adam_Lee

Adam_Lee Senior member

Was watching this tonight and noticed that Phil from Modern Family looks like he is wearing the J Crew gray chambray at 13:42. It looks good on him, though I'm not sure I'm going to spend that much again on the gray one since I already have the blue one.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143500/mod...out#s-p1-so-i0

Nice catch! I noticed the dad on Cougartown was wearing the flannels back around Christmas.

8. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

I went to the local J. Crew today and there was some cool stuff that was not on the website. I tried it on but just could not bite at retail + 15% off. It's all going to sell out, probably. Oh well.

9. deveandepot1

there was some cool stuff that was not on the website.

Like what?

10. Astan

Astan Senior member

Is it just me or does J. Crew sort of fit a little loose? I cant wear a medium and all the larges I have feel like tents. I need to get them darted. But otherwise, I love J. Crew.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Triple Post!
    Here is a vintage Timex military watch I found recently that I thought you guys might like. I am planning on selling it because I have too many watches like it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nice. Where'd you find that? And how much are you selling it for?

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

Robert- The Ludlow is a joke. Lapels were never this narrow.
    The Ludlow is not even slim. I have BR jackets that are slimmer than the Ludlow.

I guess I have to see it in real life, then. It looks OK to me in the photos.

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

Robert is not one prone to boasting, but he has returned from the clearance store and he would enjoy telling you about his most excellent score.

Would anybody mind?

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Robert is not one prone to boasting, but he has returned from the clearance store and he would enjoy telling you about his most excellent score.

Would anybody mind?

No, do tell....

15. Robert

Robert Senior member

16. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  17. Robert

Robert Senior member

Two, I think. A medium and a large.

18. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

need a j.crew expert does j.crew outlets have extra small or is that online only?

19. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

For 60 bucks plus sales tax...

That is a really nice find. Maybe your best yet. What do you think of the fit? And how does it compare to the Millerain or other jackets you like?

20. Robert

Robert Senior member

The fit is absolutely spot on. Slim, short but not too short. It's a much nicer fit than the millerain field jacket, which I find a bit on the bulky side.

Details are nice and subtle. I can see it being a good rain weather jacket, and I can see using this a lot for travel, especially plane travel, because there are just enough pockets, and because it would be easy to layer under.

Three way tie between this, the j. crew peacoat, and the fatigue jacket from last fall.