• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Crew Fall/Winter 2011 Discussion

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
today i pounded 4 screwdrivers and raped the **** out of the sale rack. i andy dufresne'd that ****. got a few flannels, some gray workshirt that feels like a vagine, some shawl collar old man steez thing, and the field mechanic's jacket. and some ******* socks.

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

today i pounded 4 screwdrivers and raped the **** out of the sale rack. i andy dufresne'd that ****. got a few flannels, some gray workshirt that feels like a vagine, some shawl collar old man steez thing, and the field mechanic's jacket. and some ******* socks.

What could be any manlier than that?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 5'10" 145 and jcrew stuff sucks for me. Small is usually too big and XS is kinda tight.

You're a bit skinnier than I am. I'm 5'9''-5'10'' at 155 lbs. Before I can afford to spend real money, J. Crew was a life saver. Their shirts in sz small fit pretty well around the neck and lengthwise. I used to spend the $15 and get the sides of the shirt and sleeves taken in. I bet you can go the same route and have a stellar fit.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm 6'0 and 170 and the size small is pretty much perfect fit for me; only thing is that the shoulders might be a tiny bit small but it doesn't really matter

Even sleeves and body length for their shirts? I'm basically the same size and medium does seem too big for me, but I'm always scared to go down to small. What's your typical dress shirt sleeve measurement?

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even sleeves and body length for their shirts? I'm basically the same size and medium does seem too big for me, but I'm always scared to go down to small. What's your typical dress shirt sleeve measurement?

Yeah, the sleeves are JUST right, it's the length I would tailor my shirts to. I think I'm 15.5" 33" in dress shirts, I'm not sure though.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wish they still have this fair isle in my size...

but I got this one instead

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife got me that for Christmas. Pretty excited.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their 30% off must be working pretty well. Was trying to buy some sweaters for my brother and all the stores near me have zero XS left and pretty limited size Ms as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads