J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

The site is terribly arranged, we all know this. All of the new flannels even have medium tall, but aren't listed in the "Tall" section.

Really?
    I can only find one flannel shirt in a medium tall. Links to others?

2. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

J Crew Wool Toggle Cardigan

This cardigan looks delicious. I have a feeling a lot of my winter outfits will be based around some of the heavier J Crew cardigans.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    The site is terribly arranged, we all know this. All of the new flannels even have medium tall, but aren't listed in the "Tall" section.

I took a look and did find a couple more tall shirts in the main section which is nice to know. Having said that, the vast majority of it is still not available in extended sizing.

4. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

scarce times like this make it nice to be short.

5. unrated

unrated Senior member

My indigo dyed shirt finally came in. Funny how I got it now even though they said it was on back order until Nov. Thanks Jcrew!

6. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

J Crew Wool Toggle Cardigan This cardigan looks delicious. I have a feeling a lot of my winter outfits will be based around some of the heavier J Crew cardigans.
    The wool-cashmere cable knit shawl collar cardigan is the best thing in the world. Bought it last year in oatmeal which they didn't bring back but I love the navy and dark grey http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/Ne...llar/18608.jsp

7. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

About to order this in navy

The wool-cashmere cable knit shawl collar cardigan is the best thing in the world. Bought it last year in oatmeal which they didn't bring back but I love the navy and dark grey

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/Ne...llar/18608.jsp

8. EdenResident

EdenResident Senior member

J Crew Wool Toggle Cardigan

This cardigan looks delicious. I have a feeling a lot of my winter outfits will be based around some of the heavier J Crew cardigans.

I'm liking that, too. Will kop with a coupon/sale.

9. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

About to order this in navy
    Please do. It's so warm, heavy and beautiful. If I can catch it on sale I'm thinking about picking up another to make my normal wear around the house lounging thing. It can be worn as a jacket on its own in cool fall weather or be worn under a Barbour-type jacket in heavy winter. The shawl collar feels like a warm scarf on your neck. I'm out of town and writing this is literally making me miss it. p.s. for sizing it stretches out a little bit. I'm 5'10" 190 lbs with bit of a gut and a medium is perfect on me. I'm between a medium and large in J.Crew button downs, a medium in their sweaters and a 34x30 in pants (I like no break in chinos)

10. JYK830

JYK830 Active Member

Please do. It's so warm, heavy and beautiful. If I can catch it on sale I'm thinking about picking up another to make my normal wear around the house lounging thing.

It can be worn as a jacket on its own in cool fall weather or be worn under a Barbour-type jacket in heavy winter. The shawl collar feels like a warm scarf on your neck.

I'm out of town and writing this is literally making me miss it.

p.s. for sizing it stretches out a little bit. I'm 5'10" 190 lbs with bit of a gut and a medium is perfect on me. I'm between a medium and large in J.Crew button downs, a medium in their sweaters and a 34x30 in pants (I like no break in chinos)

I have one for sale from last fall. Navy. Small. Worn a few times, dried gentle low tumble to shrink it, but it is still a bit big on me. 5' 7'' 130 lbs. here. If your frame is smaller than his, and a bit on the regular joe build, PM if interested. I think it fits slim like the models on the website. (as in tiny bit below the waist line as it should)

11. EdenResident

EdenResident Senior member

12. fueledbynewjersey

fueledbynewjersey Senior member

The new flannels that came online today are amazing. I think I want every one of them, especially the one in winterbrook plaid.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals.jsp

Also, has anyone noticed how J. Crew now offers a Men's slim fit option on their shirts? Supposedly they're slimmer than the tailored fit which seems very interesting.

Go into a store and try them on first. I know they look cool online but im really not feeling the flannels this season. They just look very... "cheap" looking. The fabric looks shoddy and the black buttons look like they'll chip after one wash. Jus Sayin

13. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

Lot's of great stuff in the store for fall. I am going to be wearing a lot of dark plaid shirt with ties and cardigans this fall.

14. steve2318

steve2318 Senior member

Does anybody know if the navy tweed blazer is available in the stores yet?

15. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

+1 on the cable knit shawl collar cardigan. I bought it last fall in oatmeal and lived in it all winter. I went with the small (I'm 5'11" and 160) and it fits great, but it's definitely a chunky sweater. My wool one is very soft but the wool-cashmere blend sounds even more luxurious. This sweater and the solid tweed ludlow sportcoat are my best j.crew purchases in the last year.