J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. AndyMcL

AndyMcL Well-Known Member

Sent an e-mail to Jcrew asking about the slim fit. This was what I just got back:

So it looks like it's not an athletic fit, but really just for people who are smaller overall. I'd definitely want to try it on first as opposed to ordering online. Not sure why they charge $5 more either.

On a related note, I love that winterbrook plaid.

2. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

I thought that looked like a cool denim shirt until I realized he's wearing a Levis trucker jacket under the suit jacket! And is it just me or did the lapels get even thinner than the current Ludlow?

clearly frank's been taking some style cues from me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

[​IMG]

Holy shite, how do you know Morrissey's dad?

4. ctrlaltelite

5. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

try again.
    Sorry, I aged him. I meant Moz's brother. And I actually mean it as a compliment.

6. ctrlaltelite

thanks man, no offense taken! technically you're not too far off -- he does have a smiths album in his office.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

8. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

That green chambray is a god awful color.

i agree, i don't know how you would wear that and make it remotely cool looking.

9. Guus

Guus Senior member

i agree, i don't know how you would wear that and make it remotely cool looking.

A trip to Cuba, maybe?

10. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

That green chambray is a god awful color.

It's for new dads. If your precious little ankle-biter pukes on it, nobody will know.

11. pandaface

pandaface Member

I have a couple questions about taking care of clothes. I read in GQ magazine that wooden hangers are the best. I currently have some clear plastic ones are they adequate? Is it a good idea to fold your offseason clothes and put it on a shelf or can you just leave all your clothes on a hanger all year? I'm a bit worried about clothes loosing it's shape. Thanks

12. ahe

ahe Senior member

I've heard that plastic hangers are actually preferable to wooden ones for shirts because if you hang a wet shirt on a wooden hanger it has the potential to stain your shirt's shoulders.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I also store my knits in containers. I think it helps retain the shape better, especially on the heavier knits. I also had an old cashmere sweater that was hung on a hanger for a while and when I went to look at it, it had holes on it. The lava of moths got to it. [​IMG] I never hung another knit after that. I use plastic hangers for all of my shirts and pants. I really only use wooden hangers for thicker coats and blazers because they're thicker.

14. wrenhunter

wrenhunter Senior member

Hit my local store tonight to pick up the Sperry Chukkas (in nubuck), which I love already like a dear friend.

For new stuff, the "heathered cotton" business is nice. I guess that's the Washed Favorite? More vintage Oxfords, which I must purchase shortly. Saw the gray covert twill and thought it was hideous. Looks like the smock my 7th grade art teacher wore. I mean the weird one.

There was a great tie that I don't see on the site. Kind of a faded tartan, tan with black & red, heavy wool.

Very nice dark wool SC that I took to be the Charcoal twill. Red Wing Wabasha boots looked awesome. And the Rugged twill messenger bag was sharp, if I didn't have the Bowery bag I'd be tempted.

Not much on sale to speak of.

15. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

my sweatshirt gets here tom. hopefully it fits. If i am 5'7 140lbs 38ish chest and 30 waist...do you think i'd wear a S or XS in their chambray? I like a slimmer profile..i hate when all the material just hangs off your back or is to wide. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!