J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

and another thing, is the marled sweater that says it's "inspired by" loopwheel sweaters actually made that way or is it some weird imitation ?

2. TryHard

TryHard Active Member

quick question..i just bought a XS in the sunbleached sweatshirt..i was wondering how they fit..it says on the sizing the measurements..but i didn't know if it ran large etc..i have tried on jcrew stuff before and it was kind of big...my chest measures around 37-38 waist is 30, but i do like a slimmer fit. What do you guys think, should i have went with the small?

No, you probably sized correctly. I have a similar sweater in small and it feels more like a medium.

In regards to the vintage marled, I bought one in small. It looks a size larger (had to shrink it down in the dryer). Material wise the sweater is very meh. Pretty thin and loses its shape in the neck way too easily. Do not buy or wait for sale.

3. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

No, you probably sized correctly. I have a similar sweater in small and it feels more like a medium.

In regards to the vintage marled, I bought one in small. It looks a size larger (had to shrink it down in the dryer). Material wise the sweater is very meh. Pretty thin and loses its shape in the neck way too easily. Do not buy or wait for sale.

Awesome, thanks for the advice! [​IMG]

4. eightdouble

eightdouble Senior member

really liking the 484 slim fit cords. i picked up a dark slate pair on a whim and have been liking the fit so much i'll probably grab another color.

5. bargecharge

bargecharge Well-Known Member

^^
    Did you go true to waist size for the 484's? I've found I have to go down a size form my usual for J Crew chinos. Thanks -

6. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

I picked up the grey XS about a month ago, saw the red on sale so I snagged it in XS as well. The red is about a size smaller than the grey although they are both marked XS so now it's my GF's sweater. Maybe an anomaly but I'd try them on first.

quick question..i just bought a XS in the sunbleached sweatshirt..i was wondering how they fit..it says on the sizing the measurements..but i didn't know if it ran large etc..i have tried on jcrew stuff before and it was kind of big...my chest measures around 37-38 waist is 30, but i do like a slimmer fit. What do you guys think, should i have went with the small?

7. eightdouble

eightdouble Senior member

^^
    Did you go true to waist size for the 484's? I've found I have to go down a size form my usual for J Crew chinos. Thanks -

yeah. exactly this. i wear a 32 in most every pant i own, however j crew chinos i most comfortably wear a 33. the 484 cords sized out at my usual 32.

8. hobo_ken

hobo_ken Senior member

I picked up the grey XS about a month ago, saw the red on sale so I snagged it in XS as well. The red is about a size smaller than the grey although they are both marked XS so now it's my GF's sweater. Maybe an anomaly but I'd try them on first.

Those were my findings as well, however I saw a grey XS on sale the other day and tried it on, and surprisingly, it fit just as well as the red. [​IMG]

9. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

Looks like the 1st part of F/W is online now... GREEN CHAMBRAY [​IMG]

10. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

got the blue chambray and love the fit.
    kinda wish i'd gotten it in red, but they didn't have it in-store and i'm not sure how the red actually looks in person.

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Haha. More covert twill in general = win.

[​IMG]

12. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

what's maddening is that they continue to list the $128 grey chambray as "New Arrivals" even though they essentially sold out of it last week (only XS left)

I contacted them and they said no more were being made, which is ridiculous given how quickly it sold out after being launched (!) and they control their own factories in China

was never sure why it was worth a $28/shirt premium over their regular $98 chambray either

if any of you have pictures wearing it, I'd love to see what it looks like in real life

13. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Has anyone seen in store if they're doing the millerain oilcloth field jacket in black again this year (only brown online so far)?

14. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Has anyone seen in store if they're doing the millerain oilcloth field jacket in black again this year (only brown online so far)?

I believe only carob (brown) since they have the other heavier millerain jacket in black. Check out ebay. Should be plenty of nwt black millerain jackets there for $150 or so.

15. mdeep1

mdeep1 Senior member

The new flannels that came online today are amazing. I think I want every one of them, especially the one in winterbrook plaid. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals.jsp Also, has anyone noticed how J. Crew now offers a Men's slim fit option on their shirts? Supposedly they're slimmer than the tailored fit which seems very interesting.