1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Oct 24, 2008.

1. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

Has anyone gotten their shirts tailor by them? I have broad shoulders so there smalls are just too tight on top but fit pefectly everywhere else, So i gotta buy a Medium but the arm sleeves are just way too big. I don't know a good tailor in OC. Last time I did go to one I basically had a Jcrew Blouse hah. So any experience with Jcrew Tailoring and could you go back to them after you bought something and pay for the tailoring or they just send you somewhere else.

2. SwedishFish

SwedishFish Senior member

Does anyone know if JCrew ever restocks popular styles that get sold out? I had my eyes on a blue merino shawl collar sweater with horn buttons at the collar. I think it retailed for about $140. I held off on buying it but eventually decided that I need a new blue sweater this season. Alas, to my disappointment I found that It is sold out online and the only JCrew store in my state is a crappy outlet... If any of y'all know what model sweater I'm talking about, please post the name of the style.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

Yea they should restock

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

Does anyone know if JCrew ever restocks popular styles that get sold out? I had my eyes on a blue merino shawl collar sweater with horn buttons at the collar. I think it retailed for about $140. I held off on buying it but eventually decided that I need a new blue sweater this season. Alas, to my disappointment I found that It is sold out online and the only JCrew store in my state is a crappy outlet... If any of y'all know what model sweater I'm talking about, please post the name of the style.

Call them and tell them exactly the one you're looking for, and they might call around to stores to see if they have it. They've done this for me before, not sure if they will always do it.

5. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

How big is the shawl on the shawl merino? I don't like a pussy shawl collar - I like a gigantic, oversized crest. I got two of their merino sweaters and I love the fit (although it could be slightly slimmer, its still better than anything else you can find for $9.99 on sale).
    I feel the same way. The collar is very big and chunky.

6. quanfer

quanfer Member

Man. I really like the rain slicker too, but $400 is way too much for it.

7. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

i know what you are talking about, it might be gone for good [​IMG]

8. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

http://www.uncrate.com/men/style/shi...ollar-sweater/
    http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...8555/98555.jsp

Hooray for Google searches.

9. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Senior member

10. robin

robin Senior member

I saw that one in person just a few days ago so it's definitely not sold out. You'll probably just have to call customer service to order one.

11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

HOORAY FOR LINKING THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED SOLD OUT ITEM

He wanted the name of the sweater. Those links provide that.

12. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Senior member

He wanted the name of the sweater. Those links provide that.
    ok that sweater is great though

13. SwedishFish

SwedishFish Senior member

14. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

15. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

16. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

As a retailer who respects what others do. I fully endorse what J. Crew has accomplished this season.
    I'm sure they have taken some short cuts along the way but for the most part, Their "ON"
    ESPECIALLY THE CHAMBRAY SHIRT. I WANT ONE, BUT THE MISSES WOULD PUT ME OUT UNLESS IT WAS A GIFT. I MUST HAVE A DOZEN OR MORE. HEY GUYS, SEND ME SOMETHING FOR A CHANGE. I'M A LARGE! LATER!

GARY

17. Teger

Teger Senior member

If you have a dozen she won't notice one more!

18. e23

e23 Senior member

I just bought one of the vintage chambray workshirts, I am loving it.

19. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Evidently, you are not married, Yet! They don't miss a thing.

Gary

If you have a dozen she won't notice one more!

20. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

the black model they use is so fucking goofy looking
    Couldn't disagree more. He looks just like Thierry Henry.