1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Oct 24, 2008.

1. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

they're sales are great. don't forget to stack your student discount on anything andeverything

2. MORNINGSTAR777

MORNINGSTAR777 Senior member

I've recently been embracing American traditional fashion and J. Crew has as of late been filling the spot once held by APC. I own the Ludlow suit (grey wool flannel, half canvased and bought 20% discount card) and have been making a list of things to purchase. The trims of some of their items are quite good (shell and Corozo buttons) for the price. I think I have a pretty discerning eye (I work in fashion design) and I have to say J. Crew is looking quite good lately.

3. robbie

robbie Senior member

As per J Crews sexist restructuring, Omaha will see none of these goods outside of the internetz or a catalog.

4. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

5. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...9853/99853.jsp
    Sutherland Herringbone Topcoat

This piece, the herringbone looks real nice, I could see myself wearing this to work, or when i'm dressed up a bit such as going out to dinner or something... Once again if it fits, it could work.

i sorta liked this coat, too, but like pretty much everything else at J.Crew -- except their classic-fit khakis, maybe -- i'm hesitant to buy because i'm sure i could get something better for a little more, if not the same price.

6. James Bond

James Bond Senior member

As per J Crews sexist restructuring, Omaha will see none of these goods outside of the internetz or a catalog.

I found that out when I went to the store last weekend. I live about 5 minutes away from Village Pointe, and I had no idea they switched over in August (I think that's what the sales girl said).

7. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

I've been waiting for this coat to show up on their website,

[​IMG]

and then for the price to drop by about 60%

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

I have that jacket from a couple years ago in plain navy, I think I paid $70 for it in the after Christmas sale.

9. robbie

robbie Senior member

I found that out when I went to the store last weekend. I live about 5 minutes away from Village Pointe, and I had no idea they switched over in August (I think that's what the sales girl said).

are you an Omahan? hmm... that makes atleast 4 of us now.

crazy.

10. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

British Millerain oilcloth field jacket http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...6051/96051.jsp

It's a very good value if you don't want to pony up for a Barbour or Belstaff waxed jacket. It's very heavy and is lined in a plaid fabric just like it's British counterparts. My only complaint with it though, is that they used velcro on the cuffs for tightening them up (should be buttons imo).

I have this. It's quite nice for the price. Unexpectedly warm.

11. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

I've been waiting for this coat to show up on their website,

[​IMG]

and then for the price to drop by about 60%

Wasn't that pictured at one of those GQ 'must haves this season' /? The funny thing about their choices is that whenever there is something that interests me: in the past it was a Schott toggle coat and a Gap fleece vest - when I ask about it - it is always from last year.

12. RedLetterDay

RedLetterDay Senior member

I bought 2 of the shawl sweaters (grey & brown) and am really loving both of them. Normally most of the things I like at J. Crew aren't fitted enough for my taste but these aren't bad at all, especially if I throw some layers beneath.

13. robbie

robbie Senior member

14. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Senior member

the black model they use is so fucking goofy looking

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anybody know how those chambray work shirts fit?

16. xchen

xchen Senior member

Size small, true to size.

That's the selvage showing in the second pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Teger

Teger Senior member

J crew shirts would be perfect if they didn't have such pussy light fabric and small ass collars

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I still say that last pic might be the best fit you've ever had. Almost want to straight up rip it

19. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

the black model they use is so fucking goofy looking

wat?

why?

20. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

he no ryke darkies