1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Oct 24, 2008.

1. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Couldn't disagree more. He looks just like Thierry Henry.

only a little bit...

2. BostonRussell

BostonRussell Well-Known Member

3. robin

robin Senior member

4. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

yeah i'm convinced j crew blazers aren't made for human beings.

5. robin

robin Senior member

Well they've fit me very well in the past seasons, it's just this time they tweaked them a bit and they're now closer to fitting like RL jackets.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

Btw, for those looking for a better alternative to the J Crew merino shawl, look at Rugby's shetland blend shawl. It's better made, MUCH MUCH warmer and far better fitting (shorter and slimmer, even with a heavier weight). Be warned though, this is a serious ass, mating crest level shawl collar. Also their $90 western has MOP buttons, which is amazing.

7. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Some of the clothes on the Rugby site look worth owning. I liked the Campus Duffle Coat but the crest on the left sleeve was a deal killer.

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

I like the j. crew khaki trench coat.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

anyway to round up my jcrew f/w stuff, I got a pair of the garment dyed jeans to serve as 5 pocket khakis, and damn, they are nice. they really improved the classic fit.

10. SwedishFish

SwedishFish Senior member

Btw, for those looking for a better alternative to the J Crew merino shawl, look at Rugby's shetland blend shawl. It's better made, MUCH MUCH warmer and far better fitting (shorter and slimmer, even with a heavier weight). Be warned though, this is a serious ass, mating crest level shawl collar. Also their $90 western has MOP buttons, which is amazing.

Wow, that must be a new item or how else would I have missed it... I actually like the look of it a whole lot more than the J Crew merino shawl. Just wish it was merino wool as that is way more comfortable. Good price, too.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

Wow, that must be a new item or how else would I have missed it... I actually like the look of it a whole lot more than the J Crew merino shawl. Just wish it was merino wool as that is way more comfortable. Good price, too.

the shetland is a little itchy but I actually got used to it in about 5 minutes, and its much much warmer. j crews merino tens to be pretty thin, and I like my knits to double as outerwear.

12. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

Slightly OT, but this month's Domino mag has a nice feature on Jah Cru creative director Jenna Lyons; it has some shots of the first JC catalog from 1983-----wish they'd do a throwback season! Of course, her taste is impeccable.

13. erbs

erbs Senior member

I like the j. crew khaki trench coat.

How is the quality on the Sutherland trench?

14. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I thought it was just me. I've never been able to find a j. crew blazer that came close to fitting right.

15. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

Michelle Obama was attired in Jah Cru on the Letterman show, and she look fine, in my humble opinion.