• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

shaftoe

Reaction score
+1 for the red chambray. I have the gray and I think it's a great value. Can't wait to see the red.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
Hey J.Crew afficianados!

any of you know how Crew's sweatshirt/fleece run size wise?

I'm interested in this:http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...~~~~/17990.jsp

I can wear either a small or medium in J.Crew's sweaters.

many thanks

I have that sweatshirt. If you're usually a size small (in JCrew and other brands), get a size small for that item, etc.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The red chambray and the fireman's coat are gonna be mine. Wow.

btw, I wonder if the Fall Sale e-mail I got might mean there will be more markdowns in the store, that is, more than what's available online?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
I have that sweatshirt. If you're usually a size small (in JCrew and other brands), get a size small for that item, etc.

That heather indigo is nice. I have the grey. If you're usually a size Large, get the size Large for that item.

My large fits perfectly and is even slightly snug.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
The red chambray and the fireman's coat are gonna be mine. Wow.

btw, I wonder if the Fall Sale e-mail I got might mean there will be more markdowns in the store, that is, more than what's available online?

Those e-mails are often deceptive. I always go to the store and find literally nothing new on sale.
frown.gif

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I was shopping for a coat for my mom for Christmas on the website and never had any idea how many women's clothing they have. There are over 40 outwear coats alone. When are the men going to get a wider selection?

synovoid

Reaction score
I have the Youngstown shirt (and I love it), trying to get another flannel shirt to pair w/ dark (black or navy) utility jacket, what's your recommendation? other than their flannel ones, I like to put this shirt w/ a dark color utility jacket, any thoughts?
images_onFigure_20_20396_20396_WO5174_d2_tif_0e700a2f25981750.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
When they stop being such miserly pricks?

Ha ha, yeah, the wimmenz do luv to spend they money on the clothes.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
I have the Youngstown shirt (and I love it), trying to get another flannel shirt to pair w/ dark (black or navy) utility jacket, what's your recommendation?

other than their flannel ones, I like to put this shirt w/ a dark color utility jacket, any thoughts?

I think all the flannel and tartan shirts would look fine with that jacket.

sccoopy

Reaction score
I am very into the blue/green plaid pattern of the youngstown flannel. How do you guys comment on these three patterns. which one is better and how do they compare to the pattern of the youngstown shirt? comment on patterns only please. one of the shirt is from a ****** brand. Thanks
4035299777_32d78de521.jpg
4036051070_8563972d36.jpg
4035299701_4cbe5f3771.jpg

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
those don't even look like flannel, just plaid. and you can't "compare" plaids, it's all personal taste. i like the blues in the youngstown flannel but the grey makes it neutral so it goes with anything but has a little pop.

pitboss12

Reaction score
Dude ^ is right. Plaids are a very personal preference. Something I think is amazing could look awful to someone else. That said, I don't like any of the plaid patterns you posted. They have an Old Navy/Target vibe that I'm not a fan of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics