• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

JKISSI

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
Peacoats overdone ? seriously ?. In fact, I hope more people don't wear/buy peacoats, makes more available at cheaper prices. Beautiful, classic, functional design on top of being warm, imo, which will be timeless...If i could get my hands on the Jcrew coat at a price i'm comfortable paying, I'd buy it in a sec...

BTW - Althis, great fitting shirt all around. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these. I think the L will fit better than the RRL L chambray i have now..

Agree about the peacoat

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stuff i wanted goes on sale right after the coupon codes ends...
frown.gif

anyone have experience with this?
Cotton rib sweater-jacket
http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm

for the student discount. there was something about ending in a certain number that allowed it to be discounted. Was it .99 or like .50 or something?

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Althis, what is your regular size? Probably getting that chambray later on.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
frown.gif

anyone have experience with this?
Cotton rib sweater-jacket
http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm

for the student discount. there was something about ending in a certain number that allowed it to be discounted. Was it .99 or like .50 or something?

It doesn't fit like that. :/
Even if you size down it still doesn't look right.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J.Crew now has neon watch straps, wallabees, swimsuit wash, $28 memo books, and 9 different bow ties yet I can't get a medium shirt with a chest circumference of 45' or less.
I would buy a dozen J.Crew shirts if they offered a shirt that fit.
Everyone from Target to Banana Republic offer a slim-fit shirt. Why can't they just do a test run like they did the slim fit chinos? Those are now a staple fit.
Can someone explain it to me? Is there not a market for a J.Crew slim fit shirt?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They fit as slim as I want them. Imo, because J. Crew's thing is sort of a vintage preppy look, I don't think the slim fit is quite appropriate.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Forget what I said about pea coats. I'm gonna visit the army navy store today to see what they have. I just have a hard time with j. crew price, especially when I've already dropped a bundle on outerwear this fall.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah. I should never say never, but after living through a trend of garish down jackets in the 70s, this is something I will (probably) never do.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
frown.gif
anyone have experience with this? Cotton rib sweater-jacket http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm for the student discount. there was something about ending in a certain number that allowed it to be discounted. Was it .99 or like .50 or something?

I just bought that when it was regular price. Now it's $30 off. Sucks for me. If it ends in .50 you can use student discount.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
I just bought that when it was regular price. Now it's $30 off. Sucks for me.

If it ends in .50 you can use student discount.

Got that last year when it was deeply marked down very late in the season. Great sweater.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
Got my chambray finally, also it's my first jcrew button down shirt so I wasn't too sure whether to get a large or a medium, but I got a good deal on a medium "tailored fit" so I went for it. I'm pretty pleased with the fit, sleeves are just the right length, not too tight but still roomy enough for my liking. http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/marsupialedman10/PICT0068-1.jpg may have to replace the buttons later though, i don't like the looks of them
This really looks like it might be a size too small on you. The shirt isn't cut to fit like this, and the neck and shoulders look too small. Look at the blousy sleeve on your forearm: it's suppose to be longer, and, yes, the entire shirt is supposed to be baggier. Sizing down is not the panacea this forum likes to pretend it is. Can you button the neck without using the extending tab?

Althis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
Althis, what is your regular size? Probably getting that chambray later on.
well it's my first jcrew shirt so i can't really say what my regular size is, but i normally wear a 15.5/35 dress shirt btw arethusa i can easily button the top button without the tab and if the sleeves were any longer they would be sliding down over my hands

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
What's the quality difference between the blue chambray online and in retail stores compared to the one from the factory outlet? Is it worth spending more for the quality?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FitSpressCost