• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It is weird when a thread gets spammed by one of the forum's own. Oh well.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rzs
Hi. First post.
I just got a cotton/cashmere v-neck and wow are the armholes really low. Like halfway down the sweater. Are all j crew's sweaters cut the same way?

Yes. Is there anything else we can help you with?

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Don't you and robert have 90% of the posts in here?
crackup[1].gif

I just checked this threads stats and I have 121 out of 2021 total posts. So my posts account for a whopping 5.9%. If you combine Roberts posts it's not even close to 90%. This thread is entertaining.
laugh.gif

PAguy22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
trying to spread some logic and unbrainwash fools from wasting their money

Earlier in the thread I expressed interest in buying the cashmere hoodie. Can you reccomend a cashmere hoodie from another company, or a cashmere sweater that is not too dressy or dry flavored. I am in my early 20s.

Thanks.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
I just checked this threads stats and I have 121 out of 2021 total posts. So my posts account for a whopping 5.9%. If you combine Roberts posts it's not even close to 90%. This thread is entertaining.
laugh.gif

how to check thread stats?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Click on the number of replies for the thread in the forum view.
Originally Posted by cicero79
Anybody have any fit/pics reviews of this seasons Tweed Blazer? Looks like a sturdy and solid go to piece. Granted that EG's beautiful Herringbone Bedford is long gone now, this might be my only other choice in this range.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...7972/17972.jsp

I did not like the low button positioning on it when I tried it on, and the shoulders were too padded for my liking.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
laugh.gif

lol @ insecurity

PAguy, pm LA Guy for recs on cashmere hoodies since he is the hoodie messiah he can probably recommend you something nice but you need to state your budget.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle

Go back to 'Streetwear and Denim', find the J Crew thread then click 'replies' on the right of the screen (you'll see a number around 2100.)

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PAguy22
Earlier in the thread I expressed interest in buying the cashmere hoodie. Can you reccomend a cashmere hoodie from another company, or a cashmere sweater that is not too dressy or dry flavored. I am in my early 20s.

Thanks.

yea- jil sander

mdla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
Anybody have any fit/pics reviews of this seasons Tweed Blazer? Looks like a sturdy and solid go to piece. Granted that EG's beautiful Herringbone Bedford is long gone now, this might be my only other choice in this range. http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...7972/17972.jsp
Mentioned this before, but tried this on and really liked the fit. Much better than the herringbone jacket, which is even more padded and just didn't look as good in person as it does online. I'll probably pick up the tweed jacket with a coupon shortly.

Morgan

Reaction score
I just bought the tweed jacket myself, and I really like the fit. It does have a little more structure than I would normally look for in a casual sportcoat but it's also very flattering. I think the cut might be based on their Ludlow suit jacket.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
is waxed cotton waterproof? referring to the jcrew duck boots over the ll bean joints.

ivan k

Reaction score
I went to a J Crew store today and tried on the gunmetal gingham in M and it was smaller than the other BD shirts I have from J Crew. My Mediums are all a 22" pit-to-pit and, even though I didn't have a ruler, I'm pretty sure it was a 21.5" (I tried on two just to make sure), which is too small for me.

I asked a guy working there and he said they changed the sizing this season.

Anyway, anyone else experience this or have heard anything?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads