1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

that isn't my experience with the jaspe fabric at all
    got the henley and i wear it more than i should

how are you washing it?
    maybe that is the issue

2. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

3. Robert

Robert Senior member

QUICK, YES!

Is that the right answer?

4. Vernon-Dozier

Vernon-Dozier Senior member

QUICK,
    How does the Leather MacAlister boots fit. Like Clarks?

I sized up 1/2 from Clarks DB's.

Also, I'm seeing some new stuff on sale. Not tons but a few good deals that weren't there before.

5. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

The boots are made at the same factory right?

6. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

Got in my wool-cashmere shawl collar cardigan today. I'll try to get pictures up soon, but I'm pretty impressed. Exactly what I was looking for, a stupid thick, warm sweater that layers well. I will say that JCrew for the most part fixed the underarm wing thing that they have on their cotton cashmere vnecks, which I don't mind but also am happy that it's fixed.

7. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

how do they compare to clarks in terms of quality. I wasn't blown away by the pairs I saw at J. Crew but am open to owning a pair.

8. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

that isn't my experience with the jaspe fabric at all
    got the henley and i wear it more than i should

how are you washing it?
    maybe that is the issue

I wore the heck out of this, & I went out of my way to hang dry unlike all my other t-shirts because I looooove how the fabric looks, however it did end up in the drier on accident once, however I would kind of hope cotton wouldn't get that defeated by a single driering. I'm just mad because I love the way the shirt looks but it really doesn't feel great to wear. [​IMG]

So I guess if you have this shirt don't let it end up in the drier even once!

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I sized up 1/2 from Clarks DB's.

Also, I'm seeing some new stuff on sale. Not tons but a few good deals that weren't there before.

Thanks!

10. Robert

Robert Senior member

how do they compare to clarks in terms of quality. I wasn't blown away by the pairs I saw at J. Crew but am open to owning a pair.

For what it's worth, the J. Crew store manager and I were comparing our shoes once, his the McCallister and mine the Clarks, and I could tell absolutely no difference. He was kind of blown away by the simliarity too. If they're not made by Clarks, J. Crew is doing a damn close knockoff job.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Got in my wool-cashmere shawl collar cardigan today. I'll try to get pictures up soon, but I'm pretty impressed. Exactly what I was looking for, a stupid thick, warm sweater that layers well. I will say that JCrew for the most part fixed the underarm wing thing that they have on their cotton cashmere vnecks, which I don't mind but also am happy that it's fixed.

Nice. I dig my wool/cashmere/rabbit hair shawl cardi from last year.

I've sometimes used the underarm wing thing to my advantage when there's a need to go from treetop to treetop in the woods.

12. scott123

scott123 Member

For what it's worth, the J. Crew store manager and I were comparing our shoes once, his the McCallister and mine the Clarks, and I could tell absolutely no difference. He was kind of blown away by the simliarity too. If they're not made by Clarks, J. Crew is doing a damn close knockoff job.

I would say my clarks DB have held up a lot better than my suede mccallisters. The gum bottom was not glued very well on the McCallisters and I don't know they also seemed a little flatter in the toe box. They are both desert boots so they are really close, I just love the white bottoms on the clarks and how they don't look so flat in the top front.

13. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I'm envious you can compare boots with him. If I tried doing that with the manager/sales guy at my JCrew I honestly think he'd try to follow me into the dressing room.

14. Robert

Robert Senior member

Ha ha, this guy has become like my personal shopper. Far as I can tell, we're both straight--that is, I seem to still be married and he claims to be gettng married soon. So no dressing room action yet. Feel like I know the guy well enough I should be asking him and his girl out for drinks or something.

15. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

missed free shipping, waiting for the next round. damn.