• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Issue with seller

cardguy

Reaction score
I bought a J. Crew jacket from freewilliee. I sent payment via PayPal on October 13. The jacket has yet to arrive. I have contacted him multiple times via email and SF PM, but he does not respond. Advice on how to proceed?

cardguy

Reaction score
I should also mention that he requested I mark the payment as "gift" so, in the event that I got hosed, I'm basically without recourse unless this guy decides to man up and do the right thing.

cardguy

Reaction score
Yep. I figured he'd been selling on the board and I saw that he had a good eBay feedback score... dumb move, in hindsight.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Persist - also, you might try contacting him via eBay. Maybe he's having tech or personal probs - you never know.

hammer07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cardguy
Yep. I figured he'd been selling on the board and I saw that he had a good eBay feedback score... dumb move, in hindsight.

I wouldn't call 97.7% good but I hope things work out for you.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about dood's "Business History/backround" suggests a Harvard MBA will not play a part in the future he's planned for himself:

Business Information

History/background
It all started out in high school when I used to want what I couldnt get. To get these things I needed money. Do I sell drugs? Nope, though theres mad money in it, I had a future planned for myself. What I did was help out my fellow classmates with homeworks and test answers when they were stumped. I then started selling soda, chips, and cookies. By senior year I was making a name for myself, always out with the latest **** like those Entermann's Little Bites. Now in college, there's no business in that. So I move on up and sell stuff on eBay...
PS: sorry to be of no help; good luck w/ resolution.

cardguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I did contact him through eBay a few times, so we'll see how it goes. If worst comes to worst, I lost $65. Not a big deal.

cardguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hammer07
I wouldn't call 97.7% good but I hope things work out for you.

35 positive transactions and 0 negative transactions in the past 6 months, I figured that was pretty good.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only pay as a personal transfer if it is a trusted member, someone I've dealt with before or I'd be willing to eat the amount, which is always less than $100. As for advice, all you can do is wait if he contacts you.

cardguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I only pay as a personal transfer if it is a trusted member, someone I've dealt with before or I'd be willing to eat the amount, which is always less than $100.

That's a good policy. My transaction met your third criteria, so that's why I don't care too much if I got hosed. It's just a matter of principle. How do people sleep at night knowing they took what isn't theirs (assuming that's what happened here)?

Talleyrand

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cardguy
35 positive transactions and 0 negative transactions in the past 6 months, I figured that was pretty good.

An overall positive score of 97.7 % on only 700 or so feedback is pretty low. Really anything lower than 99.0% and you are rolling the dice in some way. Also the request for Gift is pretty suspicious. Perhaps he is not the shadiest of individuals but one that takes advantage of opportunities. Maybe if you didn't send gift as requested he wouldn't have felt he could get away with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads