• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is college really all that great?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The ability to get loaded every night with your peers, coupled with the "freedom" of being away from home, makes college pretty fuckin great.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
The ability to get loaded every night with your peers, coupled with the "freedom" of being away from home, makes college pretty fuckin great.

And the best part: College chicks!

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was a pre-med so the chicks in my classes are, eh..eh...

My freshman/sophmore roomate was a product design major and he got so much pussies it's hard to count. He always starts with, "Dude, can you leave the room and don't come back for a few hours...." I got that request at least 20 times in the two years we lived together.

Originally Posted by underwearer
And the best part: College chicks!

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thoroughly despise higher education. I consider all my educational achievements--summa *** laude, PBK, Woodrow Wilson Fellowhip, Oxford Greats, Ph. D., post-doc, of no more value than a pitcher of warm p*ss, in the immortal words of earthy Vice President John Nance Garner, speaking of his own office.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I thoroughly despise higher education. I consider all my educational achievements--summa *** laude, PBK, Woodrow Wilson Fellowhip, Oxford Greats, Ph. D., post-doc, of no more value than a pitcher of warm p*ss, in the immortal words of earthy Vice President John Nance Garner, speaking of his own office.
Do I sense a hint of regret my friend?
laugh.gif

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it's bittersweet. Higher learning just delays your getting married and having kids. When you're married, the better part of your adult life is over. There's nothing worse than doing it with a single girl, and see her age over the years.
eek.gif
snork[1].gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
College wasn't that great, a lot of people find it a very liberating period, but for me it was the exact opposite...my experience really boxed me in and the after effects were quite damaging, it wasn't until the past 2 months or so that i've started to grow out of the insecurities and awkwardness i developed during that point.

Eh let's just say, i'm a better man now that i'm out...as for freedom, i feel more free and alive, and learned so much more in my past few months as a part of society than i ever have in my 20 or so years of institutionalized education.

mbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ms244
I thought I was going to get to build cool ****, not do a lot of math and mindless report writing.
plain.gif

The math is what helps you build cool ****.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
When I was graduating from hs I didnt give a **** about the football team, didnt go to keggers, etc either...and I had a blast in college. You're bound to meet others who share the crappy interests you have and you'll have a good time being an outsider. I know I did.
This is extremely accurate for you.

ms244

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbc
The math is what helps you build cool ****.

I know, but looking back it doesn't start to make sense till at least diff eq. By then you get a little bitter, I think.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
well yeah, but everything in your college life is overshadowed by the fact that you were in the same fraternity as Jerry Springer.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP: sounds as if you've not invested a whole lot of capital in your high school experience and have received the commensurate return. If you intend to approach college in the same way, I'd suggest you take a year or two off.

You get out what you put in.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
OP: sounds as if you've not invested a whole lot of capital in your high school experience and have received the commensurate return. If you intend to approach college in the same way, I'd suggest you take a year or two off.

You get out what you put in.

+1. ******** off my first 2 years of college, and I got the results that Rube is talking about. I took a year off to work/ figure things out, and now I still work, but just taking some time off to evaluate my life and what I really want to do has been priceless, and has already paid off in my first 2 semesters since coming back to school.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
well yeah, but everything in your college life is overshadowed by the fact that you were in the same fraternity as Jerry Springer.

No, that wasn't me, that was Ken Pollock! If I have to be confused with another forumite, he is one of the most flattering to be confused with, however.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads