• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thanks a lot for the help. I'll look into these options. I'm not sure what Sprint's coverage is like. My wife has AT&T and it works great at our place. I've had T-Mobile since first getting a phone in 2000. Wouldn't mind sticking with them if they had an iPhone. I might look into some of their non-Apple smart phones too. Their plans are cheaper than AT&T. There's an $90 plan with unlimited talk, text, and data.

You can get the unlocked iPhone5 and use it on T-Mobile's network. 4G too since T-Mobile uses the 1900 band.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so my iphone 4 is jail broken and i reset everything in the settings and now it wont go passed the apple(skull) logo.

i've tried doing a dfu
hard reboot
using all the methods in redsn0w
-boot tethered
-itunes restore error recovery fix
-selecting my ipsw
-even trying to re jailbreak it.

the main reason i did the reset in the first place was because i could only talk to people using speaker phone.. no i can't even use it.

Last edited:

blairh

Reaction score

You can get the unlocked iPhone5 and use it on T-Mobile's network. 4G too since T-Mobile uses the 1900 band.

This is true. T-Mobile is getting nano-SIM'S next month. But don't forget that you'll be running on Edge speeds only for some time. 4G is currently only available in 3 cities. (NYC, Seattle, Vegas.)

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you guys going to restore the iPhone 5 from backup or start fresh?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Are you guys going to restore the iPhone 5 from backup or start fresh?

I'd just let iCloud do all the work. Had to have my iPhone 4 replaced and iCloud did a full restore of everything I needed. Any music that doesn't sync can be taken care of later.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yes, but is one really saving any money this way? You have to buy the full priced phone.

blairh

Reaction score

I'd just let iCloud do all the work. Had to have my iPhone 4 replaced and iCloud did a full restore of everything I needed. Any music that doesn't sync can be taken care of later.

How does it work? iCloud instantly loads up all your purchased apps and contacts? Anything else? Bookmarks?

I'm planning on a fresh install.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How does it work? iCloud instantly loads up all your purchased apps and contacts? Anything else? Bookmarks?

I'm planning on a fresh install.

iCloud will automatically load all your settings and apps. Does this over Wi-Fi when you are connected. If you are playing any games, you may not get your save points carried over, but otherwise it's not a bad experience.

blairh

Reaction score

iCloud will automatically load all your settings and apps. Does this over Wi-Fi when you are connected. If you are playing any games, you may not get your save points carried over, but otherwise it's not a bad experience.

That's cool. I think it syncs Safari bookmarks too.

I'll always need to connect my iPhone when I get a new one because I need to dump my music collection onto it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's funny, but I hardly ever listen to my own music collection anymore. Pandora is what I play for music most often. Most songs I buy have been discovered via that app too. :)

blairh

Reaction score

It's funny, but I hardly ever listen to my own music collection anymore. Pandora is what I play for music most often. Most songs I buy have been discovered via that app too. :)

I'll always want and need my music collection. Things like Pandora and Spotify are awesome, but for me nothing beats the collection I've accumulated since I was roughly 12 years old. I also like not having to depend on a wi-fi/cellular connection plus I don't worry about using data. If and when I use Spotify it's almost always on my desktop.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But what do you use when you are looking for a particular song?

That is where spotify is handy.

I use Pandora One, Hype Machine, and Spotify.

Does iCloud restore my messages?

blairh

Reaction score

But what do you use when you are looking for a particular song?
That is where spotify is handy.
I use Pandora One, Hype Machine, and Spotify.
Does iCloud restore my messages?

The Music app in iOS has a built in search.

You can also look at your song titles in alphabetical order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads