iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Guys, I pre-ordered the white iPhone on ATT and want to change my order to the black version.. but apparently I can't do that with ATT when you order online. It also won't let me cancel my online order.. which is pretty fucking bullshitty.

What are my options to get the black 32g iphone 5 for ATT by next Friday? Do I need to refuse delivery for the white iphone's delivery and hope to get the black one at an AT&T store friday?

FUUUU

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

lol

call ATT and they should be able to make the adjustment. Were you also trying to get the phone to match the color of your car? :cool:

Why did you buy from ATT and not Apple?

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Because att still offered delivery within a week by the time i got around to pre-ordering an iphone last night.

Also, this is what ATT's page says regarding changing an online order:

"Because the process of fulfilling the order begins as soon as it is placed, your online order cannot be changed after it is submitted.

Cancelling an Order

Because the process of fulfilling the order begins as soon as it is placed, an order placed online cannot be cancelled prior to shipment. You can choose to either refuse the delivery of the device or return the unwanted purchase after it arrives in accordance with the information below. All equipment orders processed online will include a return label in the package.
    Please allow at least 30 days for full processing and crediting of your charged account."

So yeah, a huge pain in the ass. :fu:

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

again lol

well did you pay with amex? You can let them know you will be returning the item and maybe they won't bill you immediately.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

matte black wrap it :lol:

6. blairh

blairh Senior member

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I need to get off teh forvm more :embar:

8. blairh

blairh Senior member

I need to read more.

Not that I'm in the market for an iTouch, but I have to say the new ones are amazing. Apple put the same screen on them as they did with the iPhone 5. Last year the iTouch got an inferior IPS compared to the 4S. They also are clearly aiming for the kids/teen market by providing those colors and that lanyard thing. The only odd thing is that they are not offering an 8 or 16 GB new gen iTouch. You can still buy the 16/32 models of the 4th gen on the Apple site. But they are kinda hard to find on the site.

Last year I was randomly in an Apple store and I picked up one of the new iTouch's (now last year's model) out of curiosity. I was amazed by how thin and light it was. My immediate reaction was, "would be sick to have an iPhone this thin and light". That iTouch was .28" thick and 3.56 oz. The iPhone 5 is .30" thick and 3.95 oz.

9. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

So any leads on a nice case for the iphone 5 yet? I'm gonna need one since I tend to keep my phone on my lap while in the car and forget about it when I get out.

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

GreenFrog: lol man lol

11. blairh

blairh Senior member

Well, let's assume your white iPhone is coming on Friday. And let's assume it's coming in the afternoon sometime. The only chance you have of getting an iPhone from AT&T on Friday, I think it's safe to assume, is if you wait in line very early. So logistically it's impossible to get the black iPhone from AT&T's store and then refuse the white model. If you think this doesn't matter, and you can simply purchase the black model that morning and return the white one somehow (or refuse delivery, etc) then I highly recommend you make a visit to the store you plan on visiting and speaking with a store manager regarding your situation. The absolute last thing you want is to wait in line on Friday morning, and then be told you can't have a black iPhone because a white one is due to arrive at your home that day. You need to get your answers immediately before taking action.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

woe is me.

this is what happens when you're running on 3 hours of sleep, working 80 hour weeks, not being able to take any sick days off when you're sick as fuck with a cold, and working until 3 am after getting off a 5.5 hour flight -- you can't make a fucking simple decision when it comes to buying an iPhone.

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

You're making bank right? It's worth it

14. furo

furo Senior member

This morning I ordered the white 16gb from VZW (ships on 9/21).

I bitched to them about charging sales tax on the original MSRP of the phone instead of the $200 contract price, and after a bit of bickering, VZ gave me a month free, which effectively drops the price of my phone from $240 to $160

:slayer:

15. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Thanks a lot for the help. I'll look into these options. I'm not sure what Sprint's coverage is like. My wife has AT&T and it works great at our place. I've had T-Mobile since first getting a phone in 2000. Wouldn't mind sticking with them if they had an iPhone.

I might look into some of their non-Apple smart phones too. Their plans are cheaper than AT&T. For example, there's an $90 plan with unlimited talk, text, and data, while AT&T's $100 plan gets you 900 minutes talk, unlimited text, and 300 MB of data.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012