iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

^

lol but some of the girls that work there are purrrrty :embar:

2. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Looks like the family plan from Verizon would cost about $65 a month each for me and my wife with unlimited calls and texts and a healthy dose of data streaming. Verizon's also rated highest in our city and nationally (I think). The only problem is that opensignalmaps.com doesn't show a lot of Verizon towers near our house. But I wonder how much of a problem that is, since it also doesn't show T-Mobile towers near us and it has pretty good reception.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

3. ama

ama Senior member

Meh, hipsters don't bother me. I'll take walking into a store with a broken product and walking out with a brand new one 10 minutes later any day. Try doing that at Best Buy.

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

I'd take 100 hipsters over dealing with the people who work at the carrier stores or Best Buy, but that's just me. YMMV.

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

+1

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Me, too. I recall wanting to punch the guy at AT&T and on another occasion I wanted to do even worse to the folks at Best Buy. Apple has been consistently good on the phone and in the store.

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

The people at ATT annoy me, at least at the store near my place.

Can someone explain the whole, "you pay for the phone over the 2 years of your contract" thing to me please. I overheard some guy saying that you paid over 2k in your two year contract if you buy the iPhone with Verizon.

8. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Need a new phone as soon as possible. Using a 3S and it has been having issues since I dropped it about a month ago so I want to avoid a longer than necessary wait so I ordered the 5 at a Best Buy 3 blocks from my work location. Decent sales rep took the order. Waited 2 minutes for the rep to finish with a client and the total time was about ten minutes to get in and out of the store. Will receive an email next week when it arrives that will ask me to set an appointment time within 72 hours to pick up the phone. Placed the order within the first hour they were accepting orders so I feel pretty good about getting it on the 21st. Even if they only get 50 or 100 phones, I should get mine.
    Only concern is the rep explained my current AT&T plan is no longer available and will have to select a new plan when activating the phone. Really dislike dealing with anyone at AT&T.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

That's fine but 100 is different from one or two. I'm telling you, one Apple store in my neck of the woods, wall to wall hipsters. Also, my BB is just fine on the very rare occasions I go there. Amazon Prime ftw.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Pio.

Everything from my outlook (work email, contacts, calendar) syncs perfectly OTA with my phone. i can input something on my phone and it goes to my work pc.

11. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

dounble check this, from my understanding you do not have to change your plan with ATT. Verizon is a different story.

Maybe it's just me but the days of actually getting genuine service are over. I have to do research on what I am buying and any questions I have before buying because most sales reps I encounter do not care about their job.

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Yes it does but it does not separate them into categories like outlook does. (i.e. my activities are not separated by color, they all become one color. Maybe I am doing something wrong)

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

B, any outside apps needed or just those embedded with the OS? Thanks for the info.

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

no outside apps necessary, just what is already in iOS. once your IT sets it up, you go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. From there you can select your different mail accounts and choose to sync certain calendars and contacts accordingly. it is really simple and something that has worked flawlessly for me.

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Looks like I'm gonna have to swap my white iPhone for a black one at the AT&T store.. dammit what a fail on my part. I preordered so I wouldn't have to stand in line with the masses and now that's exactly what I'm going to have to do, except I'm going to be waiting in line WITH an iPhone 5!

:fu: