Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Apple has fast shipping. You will get it in no time.

2. b1os

b1os Senior member

Why do you need a guide? it says everything in the installer. Not so clever, are you?
    And what the fuck are you even talking about? You basically read everything I write yet ignore the content when there is some? I wrote in I-form: I like to inspect a product before I buy it. If it doesn't hurt anyone -- and I'd really like you to show me how it does -- that's cool with me. I'm not saying everyone or anyone should do it, I mean most of us are adults who have their own POV, right? These include similar ones to mine and similar ones to yours, but there is no ultimate right or wrong, even when I understand that you think so.

What you understand as trolling is me expressing my amusement about the sheer ridiculousness of some people in this thread who define who they are by, and judge people according to, the phone they use. And then get aggressive as fuck if they're confronted with their own behaviour. It may not be funny to you or to anyone, but I try my best (more or less).

And FWIW, yes, I do think everyone in society should be able to decide what they want to buy and not what somebody tells them to buy. I mean, a deal includes two perspectives, no? Other than that, I don't see why we're talking about general trades now.

Of course they do.

Are we done with each other now, again? :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

3. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

okay well I am sure this was all one big misunderstanding, I am flattered that I am being noticed on teh forvm :)

back to the iphone guys, no need to get mad.

4. Jr Mouse

LOL'z. I think we would get along well IRL.

5. b1os

b1os Senior member

:smarmy:

:satisfied:

80 posts to go. Much more bitching necessary to keep up with expectations.

JMR, do you live in a 4d world? Well, then you must be correct.

6. Jr Mouse

Honestly, was just giving b1os shit because he was giving blairh shit. Would be great if we could stop talking about each other and get the thread back on topic. These threads can be a great resource for sharing tips and info.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

My co-worker picked up the 16gig in white. He asked me why not white and I was about to blurt out it's for girls before i stopped myself and just said I prefer black. He said he wanted it to match his vehicle.

8. b1os

b1os Senior member

I don't think you gave me shit because I don't think you have understood me (or want to understand me), like I've already said above. You don't seem to want to have a more formal and neutral discussion, since you already began insulting me in the first place. (I don't understand why you guys don't talk about jailbreaking... it's the most natural thing to do with an iPhone and offers much more, albeit still few, possibilites, including apps from Cydia)
    blairh on the other hand wrote what I've quoted. And I don't see how calling people huge losers who stand in line at some morning whereas oneself stood up at 3am for a goddamn phone is a generalization (not even sure what he wants to generalize) that's useful in any way, because he questions the capability of many fellow iPhone comrades, and people possibly interested in this forum, to decide for themselves without being called names (not that it hurts to be called names from blairh, I just think it's not really helping the thread (neither am I you probably think now, but I hope you agree with the other assumption).

So, to steer the thread back on topic, what do you guys think of this:
    [​IMG]

9. blairh

blairh Senior member

b1os I'm blocking you on grounds that you are uttering some utter nonsense about me throughout this thread.

Your decision to tell Cal that I was insulting him but pointing out something I said in passing pages back is really fucking bizarre and sad. You are trying to turn fellow SF members against me for no reason whatsoever.

My opinion that people that wait in line are losers was a generalization. Which I'm sure everybody in this thread understood. I'm talking specifically of the people who camp out for hours before the stores open. I'm talking about the video clips the news shows of people leaving the Apple stores with their hands in the air celebrating. Essentially, total dorks.

Cal seems like a pretty stand up guy from the very little that I know about him on this site and I would never label him a loser. Not everybody that stands in those lines are losers. Again, I was generalizing.

Again, for you to go back and try to insinuate to another forum member that I was dissing him (when I never directed anything at him) is utterly bizarre.

I also find it comical that you are now coming up with your own fictitious history of past events. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by 'stood up' at 3 am. Are you saying I stayed up till 3 am? Because I didn't. And let's say you actually meant what really happened, which is that I woke up just before 3 am to order my phone. I then when to sleep immediately after. Is there really anything weird or loserish about such a thing? I've guaranteed myself an iPhone on day one and I did so in ten minutes time. Pretty hard to correlate how that exactly is a loser move.

Questioning the capabilities of fellow iPhone comrades? I have no fucking idea what you are even getting at with this one. If you are referring to otc and that other douche I decided to block them because they were clearly trolling me and aiming completely empty insults at me. Notice how otc called me a fanboi and yet when I pointed out that I actually started the One X and SIII threads with great enthusiasm, he had nothing to say regarding it.

Any name calling that I have done in this forum was only in defense of myself under ridiculous attacks. If you were even paying attention to my other posts, you'd see that I'm actually helping other forum members and providing my thoughts regarding this iPhone 5. You know, the shit that we should be doing in the first place.

So fuck you and your complete nonsense. Goodbye for good.

10. Jr Mouse

You know what? I was gonna let it go, but fuck it. This is what you said in your original post:

It's stealing to download these apps without paying for them first. Pure and simple. Would it be great if Apple added a feature for time limited trials of apps to let people see if they really wanted to pay for them? Yes, of course it would. I would LOVE for Apple to add that as a feature in a future version fo iOS. The thing is, the system does not allow for that. So right now, you either have a feature limited free version to try or you have to blind buy them. It's that simple. If you jailbreak your phone and install paid apps for free, you are stealing from and "hurting" app developers.

Also, ask yourself this. How many people that download the apps for free, turn around and buy the same app directly from Apple's store because they liked it? Be honest here. If you are, I am sure you would say not that many. Your last line "or don't," indicates you realize this.

It's a shitty attitude that I see people put forth all the time on the net. Trust me, it's not just you and singling you out was more to make a broad point about this. It's just digital data. Who cares. If you can download it for free, why not? Doesn't hurt anyone.

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

this thread is great

12. Jr Mouse

As for his comment on being a "huge looser," i didn't really think it was a big deal or should have been taken literally. Me? I have no problem camping out for things I want. Have done it several times before. It's kind of fun. In fact, I met one of my best friends, to this day, camping over night for the Playstation 2 back in the day. :)

13. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Yep, this thread is full of win, in no small part to blairh.

And I was an Apple fanboy likely before any of you. Former 512ke owner here.

No need to get solipsistic over a phone.

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:slayer::slayer::slayer:

:slayer::slayer::slayer:

Okay once again, lets get along guys. :)

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Meh, I disagree (which is why I went this route, obvi). Yes, I got a backdoor unlimited plan with my nexus, but I never ever use more than 2 gigs per month on my phone for data. Unlimited data isn't really that big of an appeal to me; if anything, it's just peace of mind.

But the fact that I won't get anymore dropped calls in my apartment, coupled with the fact that ATT 4G LTE is faster than Verizon's LTE in Dallas and Boston made the switch a 'no-brainer' for me. Also, I ended up paying less anyway, so win-win-win.

Also, I've been missing my iPhone for awhile, so it'll be nice to be back on iOS.