1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

What kind of case is asvailable for them?

3. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

For those?! I bet someone at Etsy is making some out of Crown Royal sacks.

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I know what you're going through, but things will get better. Skip eating out once and load up on 5 cables. :)

:lol:

I hope you like the case booth, post pictures when you get it.

5. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I own an alarm clock in the bedroom and a clock radio in my kitchen, both are convenient for what they are, and now I have to toss them or find adaptors. Or, I guess, go out and buy a bluetooth or wifi alarm clock? I guess THAT's no problem, right? :rolleyes:

I also own a car charger/cradle that I'll need to replace. And for homes with more than one iDevice, some not phones (iPods), now we're not all on the same page.

I get why they did it, and it's not the end of the world, but it is a real issue.

6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member

With iOs6 my keyboard shortcuts don't work anymore. Annoying.

Anyways, when I switched to Verizon from AT&T when I got my 5 I noticed Verizon had more incremental options for data. I went from 2GB of data from AT&T to 4GB and I think that was a good move. I notice with this phone with the speed and the slightly bigger screen I am using it a lot more than I did the other generations.

7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member

I have a total of one dock and it's at my home and part of a small stereo system in my bedroom. Otherwise I have just used cords plugged into the wall and my USB port on my car. Buying new cords is a pain, but they should be a lot cheaper then the adapters.

8. Despos

Despos Senior member

I connect an ipod to radios with a cord to the Auxiliary port. Same as with the ipod in the car.
    Would it work the same from the headphone port on the phone assuming you connect the phone for music? Or is there another purpose to connect with a clock radio?

Last night I received a text but the date stamp on the text was 9PM on Sept 30th, two days ago.
    Was the text in cyberspace and the delay is an AT&T carrier issue or has it been hung up in the phone and it's an Apple/hardware issue?

9. sonick

sonick Senior member

Just saw this on my fb: The iPhone 5 Really Costs You $1800

Do data plans in the states really cost that much? I always thought they were way cheaper than us in Canada!

Cheapest is $60/mo but only 300MB data and pay as you go text message? That's ridiculous!

10. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

I had never experienced LTE like I did on the iPhone 5. It was blaaazing. :slayer:

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member

I always find articles like that singling out the iPhone as odd. Any smart phone requires a data plan and will cost you a lot of money over two years on contract.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  12. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

back when I had a blackberry pearl, I had 300 minutes and unlmited texts, no data, and that shit still cost me $65+ a month.

13. sonick

sonick Senior member

Besides that, I am more curious at the price of your guys' data plans.

I am paying $61 taxes in for the following:
    300mins daytime
    Unlimited Text/MMS
    6PM Evenings & Weekends Unlimited Calling
    6GB data

That same price for only 300MB data is crazy.

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I have an old ATT plan for 450 minutes + 5000 nights/weekends, 1k texts, and unlimited data which comes to $75/mo after a 15% government employee discount. It will be a sad day when ATT stops grandfathering my unlimited data.

15. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I have a general 'tech" question. Does anyone know how to remove the white space to the right of my text box?

[​IMG]

16. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Ask Google?

I actually have found something bad, though. When mirroring my iphone to Apple TV, I can't play music or radio in the background. Now that's infuriating.

17. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I fucking hate text messages. Everybody uses them, expects you use them too. I finally just buckled and bought unlimited texts, which is like $20/month, because I have been getting so many that the 200/month plan was blowing out and costing me even more. Ugh.

I have unlimited fucking data but I'm paying $20/month plus taxes for this archaic, text-only, zero-bandwidth form of primitive communication, because of the fucking herd.

:fu:

18. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member

Do any of you know the details about early termination fees with carriers?

Good friend of mine was close to buying an iPhone 5 with Sprint this weekend. He backed off because there is a chance he might be going to med-school overseas and would have to break the contract if he did so. Wont know for about 6 months to a year if he is moving. They told him at the store he would be out of pocket $350 + (around) $50 per month left on his contract. That doesn't sound right to me at all. My understanding is it's up to a straight $350 and you are out. That's the maximum possible fee and could be less if you don't have long left on the contract.

Unless I am misreading it, these links would back that up: http://shop2.sprint.com/en/services/termination_fee/early_termination_fee.shtml

http://support.sprint.com/support/a...termination_fee/case-sp061027-20110823-171256

Plus, I heard you can get out of these carrier contracts if you move out of the normal service areas. Wouldn't overseas count as that?

Any help here would be appreciated.

19. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

If carrier doesn't provide service in a particular then they are not meeting your needs as a customer. That should be enough to waive the ETF. It's what I've read on forums. Keep in mind that some carriers will actually required documentation that you are moving to a place where they don't provide service.

20. otc

otc Senior member

Definitely can get out of it for just the fee (and any unpaid balances)...no need to keep paying for the life of the contract (if so, why would you pay the ETF? Just pay monthly and pretend you are still a customer).

Another thing to keep in mind is that if he is moving overseas, he will probably need a new phone. In that case, selling the phone should more than make up for any early termination fees (which to be fair, are fees designed to help the carrier recoup the cost of the phone).