• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

piemmesplumbing

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been involved in the heating and plumbing industry for some 30 years after graduating from the University of Toronto as an HVAC Engineer. Proud husband to Nancy and loving father to three beautiful daughters (Joanne, Betty and Jackie). I love to boat on Lake Ontario and play squash. That's it about me. Chat later...

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been involved in the heating and plumbing industry for some 30 years after graduating from the University of Toronto as an HVAC Engineer. Proud husband to Nancy and loving father to three beautiful daughters (Joanne, Betty and Jackie). I love to boat on Lake Ontario and play squash. That's it about me. Chat later...
Welcome to the forum!

Konrad_Culturata

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My name is Konrad and I currently work in the industry for a startup MTM company called Culturata Custom. I've been into men's fashion since high school and since then I've been around the industry and have learned a quite a bit over the years. I'm here because there's always more to learn and I want to continue to refine my style and find inspiration from others style. I also want to be part of the community and help those who are newer to find their own personal style and answer questions about the industry.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My name is Konrad and I currently work in the industry for a startup MTM company called Culturata Custom. I've been into men's fashion since high school and since then I've been around the industry and have learned a quite a bit over the years. I'm here because there's always more to learn and I want to continue to refine my style and find inspiration from others style. I also want to be part of the community and help those who are newer to find their own personal style and answer questions about the industry.
Hello Konrad, welcome to the forum!

ClodoCosmique

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Louis, I'm 20 years old and I live in France. I've been looking into sartorial stuff for almost three years now, I wanted to change the way I dressed. I like good quality clothes but I especially like shoes. For example, I own some Meermin, Septime Largeur, C&J, Meccariello, Bontoni...
That's pretty much it for shoes & clothes.
See you later !

bandurky

Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post, feels appropriate. Next post will be the reason I joined, I need help. :D

My name is Nate and my username says a lot about me (it means "potatoes" XD) - menswear being one of my hobbies, one thing I have dedicated my life to is Slavs. Sounds kinda funny. I studied Russian, Slovak and know other bits of Slavic languages and (for now) live in Slovakia, where everyone calls me a "fešák" (like slick-guy or someone fashionable? still don't really know). I've decided getting out of college that I need to start dressing better, though I've been into it for awhile.

Can confirm. "Talking to your tailor" is not a lesson in a language textbook. That's not easy.

Anyways, I'll be returning to Pennsylvania soon. Aside from this stuff, I love reading, food, and the outdoors. Cheers!

afineman

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Afineman. I'm middle aged, and have a certain natural appreciation for style, but have always been lazy when it came to dressing myself. I woke from my hand-me-down and take-advice-from-girlfriend slumber regarding clothes a few months ago when I realized my feet hurt and that to remedy this I needed some shoes that were actually good. In the course of doing research I discovered Crockett & Jones footwear, which has now led me to the bottomless topic of quality menswear. It's an enjoyable but dangerous addiction, I see.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Louis, I'm 20 years old and I live in France. I've been looking into sartorial stuff for almost three years now, I wanted to change the way I dressed. I like good quality clothes but I especially like shoes. For example, I own some Meermin, Septime Largeur, C&J, Meccariello, Bontoni...
That's pretty much it for shoes & clothes.
See you later !
Louis, welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post, feels appropriate. Next post will be the reason I joined, I need help. :D

My name is Nate and my username says a lot about me (it means "potatoes" XD) - menswear being one of my hobbies, one thing I have dedicated my life to is Slavs. Sounds kinda funny. I studied Russian, Slovak and know other bits of Slavic languages and (for now) live in Slovakia, where everyone calls me a "fešák" (like slick-guy or someone fashionable? still don't really know). I've decided getting out of college that I need to start dressing better, though I've been into it for awhile.

Can confirm. "Talking to your tailor" is not a lesson in a language textbook. That's not easy.

Anyways, I'll be returning to Pennsylvania soon. Aside from this stuff, I love reading, food, and the outdoors. Cheers!
Welcome aboard!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Afineman. I'm middle aged, and have a certain natural appreciation for style, but have always been lazy when it came to dressing myself. I woke from my hand-me-down and take-advice-from-girlfriend slumber regarding clothes a few months ago when I realized my feet hurt and that to remedy this I needed some shoes that were actually good. In the course of doing research I discovered Crockett & Jones footwear, which has now led me to the bottomless topic of quality menswear. It's an enjoyable but dangerous addiction, I see.
Hello Afineman, Crockett & Jones is indeed excellent footwear. Have you any questions that we can help answer? Welcome to the forum!

Hamiste

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
My name is Hamiste. I'm a long time lurker who decided to go in the light today.
I'm interested in clothes but none would say I'm passionated. But shoes are definatly my thing : They have been an obsession for me for 28 years old (I'm 44) and I probably bought too many of them. But it's sometimes so difficult to choose! I mainly have Bowen, Carlos Santos, Alfred Sargent, Trickers, Meermin, Crockett... I own too much pairs in very different styles including patinas.
I hope I will be able to bring interesting contributions to the debates. I even intend to create one of these days a sizing file. I'm sure, this could be useful for shoes addict.
Glad to join the community.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
My name is Hamiste. I'm a long time lurker who decided to go in the light today.
I'm interested in clothes but none would say I'm passionated. But shoes are definatly my thing : They have been an obsession for me for 28 years old (I'm 44) and I probably bought too many of them. But it's sometimes so difficult to choose! I mainly have Bowen, Carlos Santos, Alfred Sargent, Trickers, Meermin, Crockett... I own too much pairs in very different styles including patinas.
I hope I will be able to bring interesting contributions to the debates. I even intend to create one of these days a sizing file. I'm sure, this could be useful for shoes addict.
Glad to join the community.
Hello Hamiste, yes cataloging, data basing pertinent facts regarding shoes and other products is a worthwhile pursuit, imo. Welcome to the forum!

alpha maverick

Reaction score
Ehh ... it's probably about time I got around to posting this.

Hey everyone, my name is Sal and I live in Toronto - but I grew up all over the States and Canada.

I'm Canadian-born, straight, turning 40 next year, and I am happily married. I work in corporate sales in a hunting role, but I am an engineer (IT / network) by education and an artist by birth - I do actual canvas + acrylic at home sometimes and have also been doing graphic design for 20+ years on the side.

My passion for visual appeal isn't just in dress, it also extends to architecture and interiors, vehicles, CPG / product design, corporate identity & branding, and more. That passion comes from both of my parents; my dad used to dress very well, my mom was a professional seamstress and I grew up exploring dozens if not hundreds of her old Simplicity prints & design packages from the 70s & 80s. Among my current friends are a few quiet fashion designers, including one that had her line at TFW.

I regularly skim through the summary emails I receive from SF but I rarely ever come on this site, as you can all see. (The CTAs in the emails are weak.) My interest was piqued by a recent SF email that had mentioned some post about military-inspired clothing, so I decided to post the ensemble I was rocking at my wedding last year, including the jacket which I designed myself.

Side note: I am a somewhat-recovering adrenaline addict. I live for the thrill of the chase both on and off the road. I likely have one of the most ridiculous driving records on here - in under 24 years of driving, I have had over 140 speeding tickets, well over 50 drivers license suspensions, and two roadside seizures (BMW 545i both times). I actually know how to legally get the OPP officer (Ontario Provincial Police) off your ass while he is chasing you on the highway for speeding, all without getting out of your vehicle, or he getting out of his.

A random sampling of my role models (unrelated to sartorial style) include the Wright Bros., Chuck Yeager, Yuri Gagarin, Andy Green, Felix Baumgartner, and Luke Aikins.

ciao.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ehh ... it's probably about time I got around to posting this.

Hey everyone, my name is Sal and I live in Toronto - but I grew up all over the States and Canada.

I'm Canadian-born, straight, turning 40 next year, and I am happily married. I work in corporate sales in a hunting role, but I am an engineer (IT / network) by education and an artist by birth - I do actual canvas + acrylic at home sometimes and have also been doing graphic design for 20+ years on the side.

My passion for visual appeal isn't just in dress, it also extends to architecture and interiors, vehicles, CPG / product design, corporate identity & branding, and more. That passion comes from both of my parents; my dad used to dress very well, my mom was a professional seamstress and I grew up exploring dozens if not hundreds of her old Simplicity prints & design packages from the 70s & 80s. Among my current friends are a few quiet fashion designers, including one that had her line at TFW.

I regularly skim through the summary emails I receive from SF but I rarely ever come on this site, as you can all see. (The CTAs in the emails are weak.) My interest was piqued by a recent SF email that had mentioned some post about military-inspired clothing, so I decided to post the ensemble I was rocking at my wedding last year, including the jacket which I designed myself.

Side note: I am a somewhat-recovering adrenaline addict. I live for the thrill of the chase both on and off the road. I likely have one of the most ridiculous driving records on here - in under 24 years of driving, I have had over 140 speeding tickets, well over 50 drivers license suspensions, and two roadside seizures (BMW 545i both times). I actually know how to legally get the OPP officer (Ontario Provincial Police) off your ass while he is chasing you on the highway for speeding, all without getting out of your vehicle, or he getting out of his.

A random sampling of my role models (unrelated to sartorial style) include the Wright Bros., Chuck Yeager, Yuri Gagarin, Andy Green, Felix Baumgartner, and Luke Aikins.

ciao.
Sal, welcome to the forum!

ablissfully

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Alexa Bale! I hope you enjoy this collection as much as I have put it together. At blissfully beautiful boutique is a modern boutique with lily grace and Sherpa collection to fall in love with fashion. The blissfully beautiful boutique carries a perfect and unique selection of clothing that will enable you to look and feel your best. Cheer on your team in style. Affordable game day dresses, tops, and accessories in your team's colors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads