• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Argentum

Reaction score
I'm Argentum, silver for the simple folk.

Living in columbia, south carolina but plan on moving when I finish this degree up. I want to be a transportation and geotechnical engineer in a big city one day. To be honest I have no idea how to fashion. I want to be classy and confident, but most importantly humble. From lurking I'm legitimately blown away by the prices you guys are willing to pay for clothes, but I'm definitely willing to learn and how from you guys.

dotbk

Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is Teg. I've been reading a lot of SF for the past year. Have gotten a lot of great advice & have used a lot of it towards my life in fashion. Decided to join the conversation.

I'm launching an online retail startup in the Spring called .Bk. It's a contemporary casual button-down shirt brand based in Brooklyn. We release monthly, limited edition collections -- all held within a theme. Our first collection is called "The Start-Up CEO" and features eight unique casual shirts at a run of about 250 each. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions along the way!

thestylishdevil

Reaction score
Hello! My name's Natasha.
devil.gif

A little about me...

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA.

THE PRESENT :
I work in the fashion industry as a fashion stylist/model. Day job is at a commercial bank. Finishing up a degree in fashion design.

THE FUTURE :
Planning to head to Toronto, Ontario for a bit then ideally relocate to LA/London; let's connect!

ETC :
I like to skate around (yes on a skateboard, although I'm not that great) to relax. I also like blowing money on milk tea/coffee, watching documentaries, and living as a creature of the nightlife.

Last edited:

N2OO2

Reaction score
Hello from Chicago.

By accident I found this website yesterday and I'm looking forward to being a contributing member, but I'll spend more time reading what others have to say. I'm here to learn. I became interested in clothes a few years ago and am more interested that ever. However, although I work in an organization with 2,500 employees, there are probably fewer than 30 guys who would know a good tie if they saw one. I'm interested in the conversation because no one I work with could care less. I'm a college professor. Some of my colleagues look like they are homeless. I wear a suit and tie to class every day as a show of respect for my students and to help them understand that how you look matters in the working world. I wear suits and ties or jeans and t-shirts, I have nothing in between. I've never worn a golf shirt. I enjoy shooting a camera and usually include photos with every post. So, here's where I hang my hat these days.

Best, ralph

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Michael, originally from Europe, constantly on the move, for the last 5 years working in SE Asia - no end in sight. I'm deliberately not more specific also as I don't think it matters and though I miss the homelands from time to time, I've rather become a world citizen (humbly, no false sense of grandeur), with the pros and cons (having f2f time with old friends and family is the hardest).
I finally managed to join the SF with the kind help of a friend on here, an affiliate seller I had the pleasure to do business with. Thanks a lot again, Conrad!
My respective request for help emails towards the admin ladies remained unheard but that's water under the bridge now.
I have done a lot of lurking and reading on here for the last couple of months, especially in the WAYWRN thread, mostly with admiration and also some amusement. The amount I didn't know about "decent" clothing, tailoring and how to dress "properly" is staggering. Funny thing, despite this I'm probably still one of the best dressed people in my office space, the only one to wear a jacket for one, not that that's any laurels to rest upon. There is a lack of access to reasonably priced quality items in the country I live/work in. So my only choice is online shopping which I have started to do with great success. I couldn't believe what can be found on $bay or here (cost me a small fortune already).
Why have I joined? So I can interact with members, ask for advise, have better access to affiliates.
Happy Holidays,
Michael

Norwman

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Scandinavian signing in. I am here to see if I can get some hints on good clothing brands/factories/sellers in my region. I prefer clothes being made here, but can also buy imports of nearby countries if the ethics can be sustained. I believe when it comes to wearing clothes, people should be able to stand for the brands they are using. I am particulary interested in swedish and danish clothing, since I do not know those areas very well. Quality is of course essential, but I guess that goes for all of us. Norway has very little to offer clothing wise, and is very expensive, so I'm seeking the internet for advice.

Filippos

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Glad to join the forum. It's always nice to exchange advice and opinion among quality oriented people

ofosomto

Reaction score
Ofosomto, new Pharmacist and photographer. The nature of my job requires a suit-and-tie outfit so I'm here to get the best ideas possible concerning male style.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads