1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. fbgmdelloro

fbgmdelloro New Member

Hello all, I'm mainly here for the culture. my friends are on hype beast and shit and recommended this site for me because I'm not as "hype", as id put it. i like to mix and match street wear and menswear, and even #menswear, so I don't know what I'd call my style, but it's evolving, that's for sure, seeing as I've recently saved up enough money to give away about 70% of my wardrobe to start anew. I'm here for inspiration and culture / give it to me.

2. MarcP

MarcP New Member

Hello everybody, my name is Marc and I am from central N.Y. and I have become a NEW Bow Tie Enthusiast. I never thought that I would ever wear a bow tie but lately I find that I can even wear them with anything......even a pair of jeans...I look forward to learning more about bow ties and the various styles from all of you...

3. mochamanstyle

mochamanstyle New Member

My name is Frederick Goodall and I'm the publisher of the men's lifestyle website, Mocha Man Style. We cover fashion, grooming, travel, cars, music, and technology. I'm looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas with members of this forum.

4. lysek

lysek New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm from Switzerland and a member of other fashion forums. I will give this one a shot.

Cheers

5. WDTodd

WDTodd Member

Hi all,
    My name is Todd and I live in Seoul, Korea, where I operate a tailor shop called Well Dressed. Originally from Pennsylvania, Korea has been my home since 1995. After working in PR and strategy for two separate Korean government companies for the last 8 years, I decided to change direction and open a tailor shop. Based on my experiences here, the local tailoring sector is both well established in some ways while being underdeveloped in other ways at the same time. Our Korean and foreign clientele is growing day by day and I'm so happy I left a desk job to do this.
    Thanks to members' posts and insight, an hour spent on Styleforum.net is comparable to a master class. Looking forward to learning more.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  6. Tloc AD

Tloc AD Member

Brand new to the forum. I live in California. I was doing research on Allen Edmond shoes and finally pulled the trigger on some thanks to some advice from SF posts. I'm going to begin to upgrade all facets of my wardrobe and look forward to sharing. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  7. belfastboy

belfastboy New Member

Hi, my name is Bob, live in Vancouver BC. I have been a hat collector for many, many years but really only wore my caps. I loved my fedoras but just did not feel comfortable wearing them......somewhat like a poseur I guess. But now in my 65th year I have finally crossed over......and can now wear my fedoras/panamas and feel legit and not like someone sneaking off with his father's hat. I know, it is my weirdness and I own it..

Still not comfortable wearing my cowboy hats, beret and pith helmet but maybe as I age and get even more eccentric a time will come when I can wear them with ease as well.

8. daniel199065

daniel199065 New Member

Hi,everybody. My name is Daniel and I'm new here. I WORK ON SHOES BUSINESS. like fashion,like my life and my job. And the important thing is that i make friends with everybody from different country and different region. Thanks.

9. imstyle

imstyle New Member

Hello, I'm imStyle. This forum looks very great and I look forward to being a very active member in this community.

10. irish77

irish77 New Member

New to the site. Seems to have a lot of great information. 37, live in Philly, PA, travel all over for work. Bob

11. spedrunr

spedrunr Well-Known Member

Hi, Newbie from AZ, some of my favorites are Red Wings, Selvedge denim and suede ropers. My day job is teaching Geometry to high schoolers. I also collect (hoard?) Made in USA pro-level Rawlings and Wilson baseball gloves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  12. AlexOtters

AlexOtters New Member

Hi,

Signed up a while a while ago and for some reason forgot all about the forum. Names Alex from Manchester where I work as a General Manager for Cycle Brand Rapha. Fave brands at the moment are Alden, S.E.H Kelly and Margret Howell.

Looking forward to getting involved.

13. cheshire

cheshire New Member

Hello all :)

Currently in NYC/CT. I love beautiful shoes & clothes with clean contours, that are of high quality/construction.

This place seems to have cool community and communal wisdom - excited to soak it all up.

I have small feet but hoping to hunt down the German Army Trainers in 245...

Cheers

14. Youngdapper

Youngdapper Member

Hello im Daniel im a highschool student who wants to get into dressing well and professional before heading into my adult life

15. tharr011

tharr011 Member

Hello,

I have been getting into men's clothing for the past year and have absorbed a lot of information through this forum and from other resources.

I'm in my early 20's. I am from the US but right now I am living and working in Shanghai. Last year I worked in a men's clothing store and that was a great learning experience. My clothing choices are mostly MC (skewed casual). I like denim and boots as well. I love sport coats.

16. dresstokill

dresstokill Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I'm from Germany and love reading up on menswear, especially shoes. I love dressing well and mostly wear sport coat ensembles.
    Looking forward to participate in sharing experience and opinions!

17. mariehelen

mariehelen New Member

Hi Everybody,

I`m new and always interested in new fashion trends...especially leatherbags

reg

Marie

18. Colonel Duke

Colonel Duke New Member

Hey everyone. I anchor a tv show and follow the style of the classics. McQueen. Bond etc. hope to make some purchases and some friends and maybe learn a thing or two.

19. pan61c

pan61c New Member

Hi guys,

I'm from the Netherlands and like to learn more from this forum specially searching for long established brands. I sometimes like to dress up but equally comfortable in jeans and shirts
    Looking forward to participate and learn from all at the forums.

20. edmonddantes

edmonddantes New Member

hello, my name is William, i stumbled upon this forum in search of information as i educate myself about classic menswear or as i understand it, the only form of acceptable menswear. a year ago i decided to fully cleanse myself of inferior clothing, and began the journey whilst buying a few off the rack suits and pants to start me off, i was in mexico at the time, and the place i was at had no tailor for hundreds of miles so i made due with what i could. i currently find myslef in Asia, taiwan in fact and after a half dozen MTM suits to further my understanding, i am now preparing for the next step of purchasing a full bespoke suit. i am here in search of knowledge as i make my way further up the style ladder and will ask a million questions... so thanks in advance!