• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Hello there,

My name is De Novo (means from the beginning/afreash/anew etc) and I am from Australia.

I am fairly new to men's fashion and have been wanting to try new things to help with my mental health. So I thought I would start with my attire, maybe that can help with my outlook on my self.

I have no idea where to start heh.

I normally wearing branded t-shirts, trackys (sweat pants), skateshoes, bagy chinos (normally navy blue or black) and random jackets.

I do want to look more presentable for him. I have always wanted to wear suits and casual classic men's wear but I am also very caution on what people would think on my appearance.

Sorry for the ramble but that is a bit of me and what my brain thinks.

It is nice to meet you all.

DN.

Welcome, De Novo!

Good for you in wanting to help with mental health- such an important thing to be doing!

Hugo Jacomet and Sonya Glynn have a really good episode of their podcast/YouTube channel (both called Satrorial Talks) on climbing the sartorial ladder, which talks about how to move towards wearing suits and classic menswear when your personal style has not generally gone that way. Probably worth a watch/listen!

Best,
Simon

De Novo

Reaction score
Welcome, De Novo!

Good for you in wanting to help with mental health- such an important thing to be doing!

Hugo Jacomet and Sonya Glynn have a really good episode of their podcast/YouTube channel (both called Satrorial Talks) on climbing the sartorial ladder, which talks about how to move towards wearing suits and classic menswear when your personal style has not generally gone that way. Probably worth a watch/listen!

Best,
Simon
Thank you for the material suggestions here Simon. Much appreciated.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome, De Novo!

Best,
Simon
An excellent suggestion!

chefboyarlee

Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is Eric. I am a total boot guy. I’ve had over 30 pairs of red wings and a few Truman’s but now I am awaiting my first pair of vibergs, the mushroom chamois from withered fig. Started with the size 8.5E on the 1035 last after talking with wf and viberg . I’m also an 8.5d in iron rangers. Hit me up if you have any like new vibergs for sale in 8.5E. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is Eric. I am a total boot guy. I’ve had over 30 pairs of red wings and a few Truman’s but now I am awaiting my first pair of vibergs, the mushroom chamois from withered fig. Started with the size 8.5E on the 2035 last after talking with wf and viberg . I’m also an 8.5d in iron rangers. Hit me up if you have any like new vibergs for sale in 8.5E. Thanks!
Hi Eric, awaiting your first pair of Vibergs, that's awesome! Unfortunately, I don't have any boots for sale at this time. Hopefully someone else here can assist you with this. Welcome to the forum!

curious-stefan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am from Australia and I've been evolving my style over the last few years, becoming more interested in tailored clothing. Some gateway brands have been Institchu, Spier & Mackay and Berg & Berg. Been here for some time browsing the threads on the latter two brands and finally decided to sign up as I have some questions on S&M.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am from Australia and I've been evolving my style over the last few years, becoming more interested in tailored clothing. Some gateway brands have been Institchu, Spier & Mackay and Berg & Berg. Been here for some time browsing the threads on the latter two brands and finally decided to sign up as I have some questions on S&M.

Welcome aboard, Stefan! Hopefully you'll find people here to answer your questions. Of the three brands, I own several pairs of trousers from Spier & MacKay (I live fairly near their Mississauga store, so have actually been to their brick and mortar location before I started buying from them).

curious-stefan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Stefan! Hopefully you'll find people here to answer your questions. Of the three brands, I own several pairs of trousers from Spier & MacKay (I live fairly near their Mississauga store, so have actually been to their brick and mortar location before I started buying from them).
Thanks 👍
Canada and USA is on our bucket list. Canada especially looks to be amazing place to visit!

Ziky Store

Reaction score
Hey? I am Ziky. I have a great interest in menswear especially classic accessories and designer suits. Just joined this forum and it's already giving me all sorts of ideas to add to my collection.
Cheers everyone!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks 👍
Canada and USA is on our bucket list. Canada especially looks to be amazing place to visit!
Canada is beautiful. The majority of folks that I've encountered there are lovely & open minded. If but for the cold I would consider calling Toronto home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads