• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grambosaurus

Reaction score
I'm Grambosaurus, new to SF (buddy of mine recommended it).
I'm large (6'5", 240) and looking to move from law school to the professional world, so I'm looking for everything from suits and shirts to belts, shoes, and ties. Like nearly everyone else, I'm on a pretty strict budget, so finding 46L/XL garments I can afford with student loans sounds tricky, to say the least.

Fly-Free Jeans

Reaction score
Hello Styleforum,
I'm Albert, my family has been merchandising men's clothing for ever (since 1909,so I'm heritage but fortunately I'm personally not quite that old) Great to read about what is new and exciting. Cheers
Albert

travelhacker

Reaction score
hello, i am 30 y/o futures trader based out of hong kong. this forum was very helpful when i was getting my first bespoke suit in HK, so would love to be apart of this great community

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hello, i am 30 y/o futures trader based out of hong kong. this forum was very helpful when i was getting my first bespoke suit in HK, so would love to be apart of this great community

sup

bernardscarp

Reaction score
yo, just postin to introduce myself. I'm bernardscarp, college kid, mostly looking to buy, and that's about it. hit me up if you have any supreme gear <$150 haha. Also looking for some thick soled brogues, so cheers !

travelhacker

Reaction score
uhm how do i get my post out of moderation? i posted in the WOF what are you wearing thread and it still hasnt cleared moderation

Vtwinguy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I go by the name of Vtwinguy and sell on eBay by that name also except with a small "v". If you guessed Vtwinguy as having anything to do with a Harley-Davidson V-Twin engine, you would be absolutely right. I have gotten rid of the Harley and now ride a BMW bike similar to what you see the cops riding. I try to make a motorcycle trip for a week every August I am a humble shirt flipper but have also known to look for a good deal on Allen Edmonds, Bruno Magli or Alden shoe as well. I know there are a lot of other things I should be looking for while in a Goodwill and want to learn much more.

I'm getting close to retirement and would like to make thrifting and flipping a second source of income. I live in the Portland, Oregon area and spend a lot of time in Goodwill and SA stores in my spare time. I'm probably not as snappy a dresser as most of the people on this forum. I'm usually happy in jeans and a T shirt unless going out.

I came upon this forum somewhat by accident trying to determine the value of a pair of Alden Norwegian split toe bluchers and was amazed to find people talking about the stuff I have spent the better part of 5 years learning.

Thanks for any input you may have to offer!

Vtwinguy

Laurentius

Reaction score
Hi from Finland! I'm Laurentius - or Larry - and mainly a lurker and have been reading sites like styleforum during all the boring sales and other internal company meetings I need to attend. I'm 43 and being inspired from American Psycho I grabbed a lot of Brooks Brothers and Johston & Murphy when visiting the states in mid-90's and ever since that's been my style. I would love to be like Jack Nicholson in Chinatown, a Madmen, James Bond or any main character from a F. Scott Fitzgerald novel. Wines, watches and ice-hockey are also close to my heart.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone quick intro here...I am def more MC than SW&D and like thrifting. Right noe I live in the south bay area but am looking to move up to San Francisco in the very near future. I am 2 years out of college and work in high tech marketing and graphic design. I look forward to becoming a contributing member of the forum.

steve46n2

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I stumbled here recently and like whats going on. My sense of style is limited to Filson,Levis,Whites, Red Wing,work wear (Red Cap,GK,Dickies,Ben Davis) and generally get'n stuff done garments!
I live in the High Desert of California (home of the worlds tallest thermometer). I work as a operator at a local mine and have been in the area for 13 years.
I hope to bring something to the conversations that go on here.
Thank you for being here.

fdbowie

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm fdbowie and I think I have a problem.
Just joined after lurking for several months and being directed to the sales forum from stevesmith (after my first clothing transaction on ebay).

In the past month I started frequenting thrift stores and have a few scores, including a Brooks Brothers tux of recent vintage for $10. WTF do I need a tuxedo for? I now find myself looking for opportunities to wear my "new" tux, although this has proven to be quite difficult in Cleveland. Another thing, after all your talk about Alden and AE, I did some research and visited a high-end mens shoe store to see what shell cordovan leather was like. I'm now in the process of selling the idea to my wife, and I think she is caving!

Do you think I have a problem? I was quite content with my clothing before stumbling across this site...

gmh1013

Reaction score
Hi
I collect Rolex and Omega watches plus shoes.....mainly Mephisto with about 30 pairs now.
Im 54 and have been retired since 48 and have two homes in Phoenix AZ and Houston TX
I also work on older BMW's as a hobby

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads