Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. plustwobonus

plustwobonus Member

Hi all, plustwo here. Been interested in clothing and style for 4 or 5 years now (tried, but never quite got it during college), and have only gotten serious over the past year or two. Found my way here from a few places after getting bored of /r/MFA, hoping to get serious about the "less is more" approach to buying.

I'm in engineering in southern california/los angeles, so while I get stuck with biz casual on weekdays, I'm open to experimenting in the evenings and on weekends.

2. ViceroyRW

ViceroyRW Member

Long time Lurker. Decided to join. Awesome awesome community! I owe these guys so much! I hope to help others just like SF helped me.

3. StefanS

StefanS New Member

Hey all. My name is Stefan. I was introduced to this site through many Google searches related to men's fashion questions. I hope to continue learning from the SF community as well as contribute myself.

4. grambosaurus

grambosaurus New Member

I'm Grambosaurus, new to SF (buddy of mine recommended it).
    I'm large (6'5", 240) and looking to move from law school to the professional world, so I'm looking for everything from suits and shirts to belts, shoes, and ties. Like nearly everyone else, I'm on a pretty strict budget, so finding 46L/XL garments I can afford with student loans sounds tricky, to say the least.

5. Fly-Free Jeans

Fly-Free Jeans New Member

Hello Styleforum,
    I'm Albert, my family has been merchandising men's clothing for ever (since 1909,so I'm heritage but fortunately I'm personally not quite that old) Great to read about what is new and exciting. Cheers
    Albert

6. travelhacker

travelhacker Member

hello, i am 30 y/o futures trader based out of hong kong. this forum was very helpful when i was getting my first bespoke suit in HK, so would love to be apart of this great community

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

sup

8. bernardscarp

bernardscarp New Member

yo, just postin to introduce myself. I'm bernardscarp, college kid, mostly looking to buy, and that's about it. hit me up if you have any supreme gear <$150 haha. Also looking for some thick soled brogues, so cheers !

9. travelhacker

travelhacker Member

uhm how do i get my post out of moderation? i posted in the WOF what are you wearing thread and it still hasnt cleared moderation

10. Vtwinguy

Vtwinguy New Member

Hi All,

I go by the name of Vtwinguy and sell on eBay by that name also except with a small "v". If you guessed Vtwinguy as having anything to do with a Harley-Davidson V-Twin engine, you would be absolutely right. I have gotten rid of the Harley and now ride a BMW bike similar to what you see the cops riding. I try to make a motorcycle trip for a week every August I am a humble shirt flipper but have also known to look for a good deal on Allen Edmonds, Bruno Magli or Alden shoe as well. I know there are a lot of other things I should be looking for while in a Goodwill and want to learn much more.

I'm getting close to retirement and would like to make thrifting and flipping a second source of income. I live in the Portland, Oregon area and spend a lot of time in Goodwill and SA stores in my spare time. I'm probably not as snappy a dresser as most of the people on this forum. I'm usually happy in jeans and a T shirt unless going out.

I came upon this forum somewhat by accident trying to determine the value of a pair of Alden Norwegian split toe bluchers and was amazed to find people talking about the stuff I have spent the better part of 5 years learning.

Thanks for any input you may have to offer!

Vtwinguy

11. Laurentius

Laurentius Member

Hi from Finland! I'm Laurentius - or Larry - and mainly a lurker and have been reading sites like styleforum during all the boring sales and other internal company meetings I need to attend. I'm 43 and being inspired from American Psycho I grabbed a lot of Brooks Brothers and Johston & Murphy when visiting the states in mid-90's and ever since that's been my style. I would love to be like Jack Nicholson in Chinatown, a Madmen, James Bond or any main character from a F. Scott Fitzgerald novel. Wines, watches and ice-hockey are also close to my heart.

12. Vtwinguy

Vtwinguy New Member

13. blopp

blopp New Member

Student from Sweden, always willing and wanting to learn more about mens fashion.

14. troika

troika Senior member

Hey everyone quick intro here...I am def more MC than SW&D and like thrifting. Right noe I live in the south bay area but am looking to move up to San Francisco in the very near future. I am 2 years out of college and work in high tech marketing and graphic design. I look forward to becoming a contributing member of the forum.

15. steve46n2

steve46n2 New Member

Hello everyone! I stumbled here recently and like whats going on. My sense of style is limited to Filson,Levis,Whites, Red Wing,work wear (Red Cap,GK,Dickies,Ben Davis) and generally get'n stuff done garments!
    I live in the High Desert of California (home of the worlds tallest thermometer). I work as a operator at a local mine and have been in the area for 13 years.
    I hope to bring something to the conversations that go on here.
    Thank you for being here.