Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. fdbowie

fdbowie Member

Hi everyone! I'm fdbowie and I think I have a problem.
    Just joined after lurking for several months and being directed to the sales forum from stevesmith (after my first clothing transaction on ebay).

In the past month I started frequenting thrift stores and have a few scores, including a Brooks Brothers tux of recent vintage for $10. WTF do I need a tuxedo for? I now find myself looking for opportunities to wear my "new" tux, although this has proven to be quite difficult in Cleveland. Another thing, after all your talk about Alden and AE, I did some research and visited a high-end mens shoe store to see what shell cordovan leather was like. I'm now in the process of selling the idea to my wife, and I think she is caving!

Do you think I have a problem? I was quite content with my clothing before stumbling across this site...

2. gmh1013

gmh1013 New Member

Hi
    I collect Rolex and Omega watches plus shoes.....mainly Mephisto with about 30 pairs now.
    Im 54 and have been retired since 48 and have two homes in Phoenix AZ and Houston TX
    I also work on older BMW's as a hobby

3. Patric

Patric Member

Im 43 years old, wife and a child.. President of an engineering firm and a part time farmer.. I enjoy the classic english waredrobe but i sneak around most anything.. one day all jeans and boots, the other day tailored italian suit and handmade shoes.. and of course, i love watches..

4. odonnell

odonnell New Member

I'm not sure this will be of interest to anyone, but in an effort not to be that guy who posts a question before introducing himself… I am trying to nail down a consistency across my wardrobe in terms of quality and fit—That is really all. I hope to continue to refine my wardrobe over the course of my life, with simplicity as a guide. Glad to become a member!

5. Naked Economist

Naked Economist Member

I am the naked economist. 25 and living in London. I want a timeless wardrobe and will be seeking advice from you gentleman.

6. paskaldjay

paskaldjay Active Member

Permisi (Bahasa Indonesia of Excuse Me)

Hello, My Name is Paskal Djajasoekarta from Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.
    My interest in this forum ranging between Dress Shoe (Shining Shoe esp) to Jeans/Leather Street Wear (Not Sneaker :p)
    It's nice to be in here, I hope we can discuss a lot of topics out there

Sincerely

7. yisrael42

yisrael42 New Member

Hi there. I'm Josh and I'm brand new here and I'm looking forward to getting into some of the cool stuff you've got here on the style forum.

8. charoses

charoses New Member

I guess I need to introduce myself.
    I join this forum because I think I need to change my wardrobe and i want to change my style.

9. DulwichDandy

DulwichDandy New Member

Hi, my name is Gavin and I'm a long time lurker who has finally registered. I'm 26 this year, have a 5 month old son and am happily raising him with my fiance of 4 years. My interests in the formal style started early in life, but I've now reached a point where (thanks to the discussions of the styleforum at least partially) I'm advising most of my friends on all things sartorial.

My main interests include arguing over the brown in town rule (I'm completely _for_ brown in town, and think that black shoes are boring and detract from a good outfit), skipping merrily down Jermyn Street, and creating (over the course of weeks, months, or even years) situations where I could even slightly support my wearing of yet another vintage accessory.

A good outfit is like a suit of armour.

10. SolovairDirect

SolovairDirect Member

Good Evening, my name is Matt, and I am a new user here on Sytleforums. I live in San Diego, from Iowa, married, and no kids yet...! I have a whole novel ready to post explaining why I am here, Ill try and edit a link in here in a minute...

If not, hello, and see you on the forums!!!

Matt

11. superkow

superkow New Member

Hey, I'm currently a student in LA with very little money at the moment but trying my best not to look like crap. I have an awkward figure, 5'4" Asian male with relatively broad shoulders and thighs so it's hard to find things that fit well.Probably won't post much but I do lurk quite often.

12. aghector

aghector New Member

Hi all. I'm 26 and am a financial advisor. I found this forum after looking around the net for a quality black dress shoe that I won't wear through and throw in the trash each year. My research led me to Allen Edmond and Allen Edmond led me here. I just purchased a new pair off a guy who runs a thread here selling AE shoes for below retail prices.. Crossing my fingers that everything works out and that the AEs turn out to be a better investment than my past shoes.

13. lovelygirl2012

lovelygirl2012 Member

I am working in monsterbeat-v.com now.

14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

hai elisa...:inlove:

15. Avodade

Avodade Member

Hello folks ! I am new into this forum so allow me to introduce myself. My name is Avodade, and just like everyone else here i like dressing !

My favorite suit brand ... i would say RLBL, favorite shoes brands .... hmm well lets say Crockett and Jones, Benson ... Yes, you guessed it i essentially love the british stye :).

When it comes to watchs, well i would say rolex hand downs followed by Omega.

Also i am currently looking for a tom ford 108 19V sunglasses, if anyone got a pair, lemme know !