1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mankhool

Mankhool New Member

I'm here out of desperation, but having said that it looks like a cool place to hang out.

2. Giuseppe Timore

Giuseppe Timore Member

I may be late to the Style Forum party, but I'm here now.

My name is Joe. Under the name Giuseppe Timore I have authored the blog An Affordable Wardrobe for over five years now. I deal with fine menswear and other lifestyle topics, all bought at thrift stores or on a tiny budget. It takes some doing, but it can be done. I am an inveterate cheapskate, but as my masthead says, penury is not an excuse.

I also run an online shop and small physical shop where I offer fine second hand menswear at very low prices. I came to Style Forum to join the interesting conversations here and meet new friends. I look forward to getting in on the chat.

Thanks,
    Joe

2 people like this.
  3. AFCForever

AFCForever Active Member

Joe I am a big fan of your blog and eagerly await each new entry. Looking forward to having you as part of a discussion.

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Welcome, Joe! I've enjoyed your blog over the years.

5. CashmereHunter

CashmereHunter Member

Greetings,

My name is Dan, I am in my mid 20s, and I run a small mens clothing resale business, selling new and pre-owned mens clothing. I work full time to hunt down beautiful clothing wherever I can, and score it at the best price I can get.
    On twitter you can follow me under the alias "The Cashmere hunter", derived from my love of the precious fiber cashmere. I will be posting pictures of some of my cool finds very soon, and should update is regularly.

I think this is a great forum, and I look forwards to learning more about mens fashion and style.

As for myself I am a 36-38 chest, My waist is 30-32 inseam 30.
    5'8 1/2". 145 Lbs. These sizes can be challenging to find, so let me know if you have any cool items for me!

Cheers

6. Mikeytwofingers

Mikeytwofingers New Member

I am Mikael.
    I dream bespoke dreams.
    I live i Stockholm, Sweden.
    Like in that horrible Nicholas Cage movie I agree when he says to his wife at the store with a much too
    expensive suit in his hand: This suit makes me a better man..!
    I´m a musician and not particularly interested in fashion but increasingly interested in Style.
    So much that I´ve joined this forum.
    Looking forward to lots of late night surfing!

7. Texas512

Texas512 New Member

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. Oh, I am James from Austin,TX by the way.

8. kantonio

kantonio New Member

Hey,

I'm Tim from Maryland. Joined at the tip of a stranger who saw my ebay post trying to sell my raw denim. Looks like a good site and I'm happy to have found it.

Cheers!

9. innerpiece

innerpiece Active Member

Thanks everyone for what you do. I'm as passionate about clothes as I am soccer, and it's great to know that there are others that share this type of enthusiasm. Long time reader... it's about time I make an attempt to contribute to the community.

10. eatbreathedrive

eatbreathedrive Active Member

Hello everyone,

Long time follower, first time poster :) This forum has helped me alot through the years and I've gained new knowledge and information about style and menswear. I do have a few brand new items and barely used items that I'd like to sell that I don't need anymore so perhaps someone else on the forums might need or want. And I agree with innerpiece, its also important to attempt to contribute to the community.

Thank you all for this wonderful and helpful forum!

11. Tesh

Tesh Member

Whats up guys Im Tesh Im a college student and am working on improving my style but when it comes to professional dressing I feel I need some work so thats why I decided to join.
    But Yea im Tesh nice to meet everyone.

12. Ezekiu

Ezekiu New Member

Hey all,

My name is Jessie. I've just recently got into dressing better for myself. I went from being completely unaware of what to do last year to coming into my own throughout the months. I'm really interested in Americana wear and a lot of business casual stuff.
    I'm kind of in the middle of weight sizes just sizing down from a medium and starting to fit into smalls thanks to all the running I've been doing the past year. So it's a strange transition that some things fit in the waist but not the chest. But either way I look forward to being able to look nicer and feel better for myself.

Currently also a member over at Reddit's MFA group and post there are as well under the same username.

13. Fixer22

Fixer22 Member

Greetings. I'm an occasional lurker that has been coming by more often to read up on brands that I like. My rotation these days is performance fabrics (Outlier, Proof) and well-made American companies that do the majority, if not all, their manufacturing in the US (Taylor Stitch). Throw in a designer or heritage brand here and there and there you have it. Looking forward to learning something new and staying current on my favorite styles.

14. Wolff

Wolff New Member

Hello all, I'm a longtime lurker and recent member. I've been interested in menswear for a couple years but within the last year became focused on establishing a wardrobe of classic staple articles and began a relationship with a local tailor. Would be lost without this site, from the advice to sale notices, it's been great.

15. Robinmp33

Robinmp33 New Member

Hi all-

My name is Robin and I have over 15 years of luxury retail management experience. (Brooks Brothers, Saks and Neimans). I love dressing men and making them look terrific. (You are all MUCH easier than women.) I have my own business WellHungHangers.com, luxury lacquered hangers that are beautiful and necessary if you want to keep your clothing looking that way. If you want a woman's opinion, just ask, I'll be happy to help.

16. amcardon

amcardon Member

I've been a lurker here for at least 3 years, but haven't felt like I could add to any of the threads so I just stayed out, trying to glean as much info as possible. I grew up on a farm where tennis shoes with black pants, white shirt and tie were "dressing up" for church. No fault to my parents, they did the best with what they had and they are amazing, "salt of the earth," people.

Anyway, I'm a recently graudated Chiropractor and opened up my own practice (by far the most stressful thing I've ever done in my life). Wife, 4 kids, responsibilities at church, and my practice keep me quite busy.

Happy to be an official member on here and hope to contribute as much as I'm able.

17. CalzolaiFeF

CalzolaiFeF Well-Known Member

Greetings

I'm Francesco and I'm half of an artisanal shoemaking laboratory in Rome, Italy. I've always had a passion for quality shoes and since I could not find them anymore, I've decided to learn how to build them. We are among the last shoemakers in Rome and we are actively trying to save the dying Roman shoe style.

I've been a lurker since the old forum graphics :)

18. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

That's very interesting. Would you consider starting a thread to show examples of the Roman shoe style?

19. CalzolaiFeF

CalzolaiFeF Well-Known Member

I'll do as soon as I do better photos of our work :D

20. Fixer22

Fixer22 Member

Cool.. Looking forward to seeing them.